Brighton Fire Dept?

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
With communications now switched over to 911 center, has Brighton Fire Dept.moved away from using Ch 52?

kc2nru

From what I have heard, they are going to use it when Channel 3 is tied up and for administrative stuff. Similar to what Ridge Road does when Channel 4 is busy and they use Channel 50.

msradell

Now that Brighton has started using the County 911 system for dispatch if there any other County fire Department except Henrietta that is doing their own dispatch? Henrietta has a unique situation because of RIT so I don't think they will change to County dispatch unless something drastic happens.

RF-Burns

Henrietta, Gates, & North Greece. North Greece also Dispatches Lake Shore and GVA.

msradell

Aren't the Gates and Chili dispatchers just operating is basically relay points from downtown dispatch or do they also have all of the automatic alarms etc. from their dispatch area coming directly into them? I forgot about North Greece/Lakeshore/GVA.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
There's an important distinction between call taking and dispatch. Last I knew, no one was doing any call taking except the 911 center primarily because none of the individual agencies wanted to do EMD to the level that 911 does it. They may have some alarm systems that ring into individual agencies and some direct lines, but they all want to take advantage of 911's CAD system and extensive call taking abilities so most of it goes through downtown.

msradell

There's an important distinction between call taking and dispatch. Last I knew, no one was doing any call taking except the 911 center primarily because none of the individual agencies wanted to do EMD to the level that 911 does it. They may have some alarm systems that ring into individual agencies and some direct lines, but they all want to take advantage of 911's CAD system and extensive call taking abilities so most of it goes through downtown.
You are certainly correct and that's why this entire thread has been discussing dispatch, not call taking. However some of the for department level dispatch centers have more equipment and are more involved than others. Henrietta for example has all of the automatic alarms in their district come directly into them instead of going through downtown. They also have a completely set up backup dispatch center in a different building at a different location. I believe this is mainly done because of the large number of calls they have that relate to RIT facilities, both instructional and residential.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
You are certainly correct and that's why this entire thread has been discussing dispatch, not call taking. However some of the for department level dispatch centers have more equipment and are more involved than others. Henrietta for example has all of the automatic alarms in their district come directly into them instead of going through downtown. They also have a completely set up backup dispatch center in a different building at a different location. I believe this is mainly done because of the large number of calls they have that relate to RIT facilities, both instructional and residential.
Many of the less informed don't automatically distinguish between dispatch and call taking. To a lot of folks, it is all one function. It's always good to make these things clear in this type of discussion format.

The backup dispatch centers at several of the larger fire departments and EMS agencies around the county exist, in part, as part of a planned backup system throughout the county in case both Main St. and Cobbs Hill completely fail. They also bridge the gap between the moment of failure on Main Street and the manning of Cobbs Hill by the 911 crews. That's not their only purpose, of course, but it is a major factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.