Motorola minitor 4 mystery alerting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BITT211

HAS ANYONE EVERY ENCOUNTERED THIS ;
THIS AMENDS MY THREAD DATED ,12/3/2011 , Buffalo fire tone out [alarm of fire] *Delete A-B- tones

Well here goes , I have a minitor 4 uhf ,422-430 split .
It set up to monitor Buffalo fire , f-1 [dispatch] & f-2 [fireground]
Selector switch [D] is set to selective call f-1 [dispatch]
* NOTE NO TONES INSTALLED A OR B FOR SELECTIVE CALL FUNCTION.
no tones -A-B installed in entire pager.
But minitor 4 ALERTS [ with a very loud squeal , not a common minitor tone] with voice dispatch. for the 3rd tone sent out when Buffalo Fire Dispatches alarm of fire calls , other wise this pager stays quiet on D,
pager must be reset after alert or stays live audio
I have set up another minitor 4 like this but does not alert?
Has anyone had any experience with this or has a answer on how this minitor 4 alerts without any tones installed. Thanks for any input.

Voyager

Have you tried reading the pager to make sure they were removed? I've had cases where I remove tones only to have them show up after I programmed the pager.

BITT211

minitor 4?

ok , thanks for you info , i like the way its setup , only alerts for fire traffic , don't have to listen to all the ems / basic calls , i'm trying to setup 2nd pager minitor 4 , the same way , but its not alerting i'll keep working on it

BITT211

minitor 4 ?

I am not sure what the tone is now , its alerting as is , the posting of 2011 showed tones , now they are now alerting , must have changed them , I know someone who knows Bob , fire communications , Buffalo , thats my next step. i'll keep this thread updated.

Voyager

Or find someone with a recent model Uniden scanner (except HP-1/2) that can decode the tones. Have you checked the WIKI on the Buffalo page?

kc2kvy

Feed Provider
Use the iPhone app "Radio ID" to decode QCII tones (as well as MDC1200, GESTAR, etc).

BITT211

minitor 4 mystery alert

got some information from communications bfd. there is no tone codes assigned to tone out for alarm of fires , in fact minitor 4 just alerted to a for a alarm of fire .
the tones , 3 in series , are sent out 1000hz pluse tone. the minitor 4 engineering mode must be set up
somehow with the 1000hz pluse , my other minitor 4 is programed same as the minitor 4 that alerts , but does not alert , I must check the engineering mode and see what the difference is. this is only thing left that I can think of to check. I never heard of this. the pager that alerts must have something to do with engineering mode set up . any other idea's out there !

Voyager

Just set the A and B tones for 1000 Hz. No engineering mode required. I used to do that dating back to the 80s. (only the alert tones here were 1500/800 Hz alternating)

BITT211

Motorola minitor 4 mystery alerting

been listening couple days now with these A-B- setups ;

setups ; A - 1000 hz B - 1000 hz
setups ; A - 1000 hz B - none hz
setups ; A - none hz B - 1000 hz
setups ; A - none hz B - none hz

none of these setups cause the minitor 4 to alert like the other one that does .

The alert is a loud squeal , not a common minitor alert sound.

here is basic information;

minitor 4 that DOES ALERT minitor 4 that DOES NOT ALERT.

plug version ; 9.07 plug version ; 10;15

system ; user system ; user

xtal ; 4.032 xtal ; 4.032

pager version ; 9.40 pager version ; 9.40

if ; 21.7 if ; 21.7

injection ; low injection ; low

all of the rest of settings are same in both minitors , * except for engineering mode

this one got me????? any more ideas , thanks for anything !

Status
Not open for further replies.