• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MotoTrbo CPS 10.0.510 vs. newer version

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
I know with the Weris series CPS you can not use a older CPS to program a radio that has a newer CPS program to it. Is this the same with Mototro CPS. Got a radio off Ebay with CPS 11.00.10 and i only have CPS 10.0.510. I can't upgrade to CPS 11 because i do not have a Windows 7 machine. What to do if this is the case. Please help. I hope I didn't waist $400.

com501

You have a subscription to CPS, worth $265 and you are worried that you paid $400 for a Trbo radio, yet you won't upgrade your PC to Windows 7, which is almost end of life since Windows 10 comes out next year?

What part of this am I missing? And no, once written with newer CPS, you can't go back, at least with any legitimate method.

PACNWDude

Must use the correct CPS.

My previous employer is going through this right now. I helped them migrate to MotoTrbo XPR4550 and XPR 6550 radios. Company policy was to load all of the radios (about 1400 of them) with the new CPS anytime Motorola came out with a new release.

With releases becoming more common, this took a lot of work. Then anytime a radio was repaired, Motorola put the latest software in them. This forces you to get a current CPS version. It is a marketing and license strategy to keep people honest.

So you must use the correct version of CPS or newer on a radio. And like a previous poster said, there is no official way to go backwards.

This previous employer of mine was also warned about XP computers coming to the end of their service life and how Motorola was going to stop supporting XP when Microsoft ended support. I bought two Windows 7 computers, and then got chastised for that. Now a year later, they find themselves having to buy Windows 8.1 computers that are actually a little finicky with Motorola software, as well as the Telex dispatch software they also run.

As a radio shop owner told me once, you end up looking like a computer factory if you support several series of radios.

N4KVE

Try what you have first. Many times I was able to program my Trbo radios from CPS that was just 1 step back from what was last used to program the radio. Same with my Jedi's, & XTS3000's. Good luck.

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
I am going to when my buddy gives me his cable to use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RRR

Premium Subscriber
What CPS was released just prior to 10.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.