FDNY fire ground relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
Fire Ground is simplex UHF. It is simulcast on the DOITT-UHF TRS. There is a talk group for each fire Division. What is the signal path for this re-broadcast? Is it through a chief's car, the Field Com unit or fixed antenna locations?

mule1075

Feed Provider
Almost sure it is thru the field com from some previous reading.Not 100% as I have not kept on my buffing in the past few months.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
I will have to double check. But as I understood it, the audio was one way.

APX7500X2

The repeater is set up 1 way, it can do both ways but its not set up that way at this time....

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
So if only the Division Chief"s car has the TRS repeater, then each Division has only one unique UID on it's own talk group. To have another vehicle with a TRS repeater show up at the scene would cause interference. It would need an on/off switch.

mule1075

Feed Provider
So how can it be simplex if its going over the trunk system? Can a responding unit talk in on simplex or the trunk system to communicate with units on scene?
Let's wait and see what tbendick comes up with. Since he is OTJ I will bet he gives us the most up to date info he can.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

cackis

Premium Subscriber
Fireground transmissions are all simplex. The vehicle repeaters in the Division pickups are set up as unidirectional repeaters. They take fireground transmissions and rebroadcast them onto the DARS system for FDOC, Staff Chiefs, etc. to monitor. It is not set up for someone on the trunked system to be able to talk to the members operating on the fireground frequency.

Each division chiefs vehicle has a receiver for the handie talkie transmissions that can be accessed with VIOP. So it is not a repeater. When the Deputy arrives on scene, the people in the FDOC at metrotech dial into the receiver with VOIP to hear the transmissions.
They can then rebroadcast them on a channel for Staff Chiefs to hear. That channel was called PATCH 6, with PATCH 5 as the alternate channel. Now each Division has its own talk group.
So for all of this to happen:
the deputy has to be on scene, in his assigned rig, not a spare. The rig has to be close enough to the scene to pick up the radio tranmissions. FDOC has to dial into the vehicle, then rebroadcast into the talkgroup for that division.

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
Lets break it down a little.
The Patch5 and Patch6 talkgroups were the original setup using a VOIP type system. This was the connecting and other voice prompts you might have heard. This system is not being used anymore.

The new system is two radios linked together, think GM300 repeater style. The DARS radio is set to the talkgroup of the division. You won't get interference because each division is on a separate talkgroup, they all could be on at the same time with no issues. FDOC has a system to remotely activate these links, not the same as the old system. They are currently only one way but I guess they could change this if they wanted.

I am not sure if they can change it from channel 1 or if the radio is hidden but it does not scan.

shorecapt

Johnny G
2 hours i tried

I tried to enter fdny dars into my bct15x with no luck. I never entered this format and i See the problem is i.can't figure out how to keep that 8th and last frequency number
483.39375. once i figure out the steps to keep that last digit i should be good. Can you guys help me ?

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
After some time listening I've come up with these UIDs for the Division re-broadcast of fire ground comms.
Division 3 UID 43768
Division 6 UID 45412
Division 7 UID 45415
Division 8 UID 45416
Division 11 UID 45417
Division 14 UID 45418
Division 15 UID 45419
Anyone have any other UIDs for the other Divisions?

shorecapt

Johnny G
The doitt is 400.. newsnick are the tgids for the 400? I have all the correct 400 tgids in and working fine. Your showing 5 digits. All my tgids are 4. Is that the 800 side maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.