Raleigh Fire Department Capcodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon everyone, I just have a quick question. Does anyone happen to know the Capcodes for Raleigh FD. I have bought a Motorola Advisor II and I am trying to program it. Thanks for your help.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Good afternoon everyone, I just have a quick question. Does anyone happen to know the Capcodes for Raleigh FD. I have bought a Motorola Advisor II and I am trying to program it. Thanks for your help.

Is it a two tone like Tone A and Tone B. If so do you know the the Tone Reeds?

murrayustud

KI4DCR
Premium Subscriber
I have an Advisor & receive all the Raleigh fire dispatches but want to be able to just get notifications of specific units...do not know the cap codes or how to find them

KM4WLV

The Advisor series of pagers from Motorola are programmed and such using a programming stand/cradle and software from Motorola.

The cradles are easily obtained online, however trying to find the software and a computer that can actually run it may be another thing altogether. Just Google Motorola Advisor II programming cradle.

The Advisor series of pagers from Motorola are programmed and such using a programming stand/cradle and software from Motorola.

The cradles are easily obtained online, however trying to find the software and a computer that can actually run it may be another thing altogether. Just Google Motorola Advisor II programming cradle.

I appreciate the help, but even if i were to buy a cradle, i still wouldn't be able to program it, as I do not have any codes.

KM4WLV

I understand your dilemma. Information such as that, and other things of that nature tend to be protected sometimes. If you find someone that has one that is set up you could always ask to read that pager, though I'd imagine a lot of folks may shy away if asked.

We used to have a lot of issues with people chasing fire trucks, ambulances, etc after acquiring certain information. Not trying to steer you away from it, just sharing past experience.

I understand your dilemma. Information such as that, and other things of that nature tend to be protected sometimes. If you find someone that has one that is set up you could always ask to read that pager, though I'd imagine a lot of folks may shy away if asked.

We used to have a lot of issues with people chasing fire trucks, ambulances, etc after acquiring certain information. Not trying to steer you away from it, just sharing past experience.

I completely understand. Thanks for your help. What do you mean "chasing fire trucks and ambulances"?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
That's a good read, thanks for that.

Hence the discretion taken for things like pager capcodes and the like...no they are not
NSA top secret info but if capcodes and the like are distributed freely then you have all kinds of folks possibly causing issues for 1st responders. Are there ways around it? Probably but no one with any integrity will take the chance of getting themselves in trouble by giving that info out.
Marshall KE4ZNR

RF-Burns

You can decode Pocsag/Flex messages. When it decodes the signal it also shows the capcode. All you need is a scanner, computer, and audio cable. It's legal as long as you do not decode commercial services. Anyone who tells you different doesn't follow the law to closely.
PDW Paging Decoder

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.