BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

osros

Feed Provider
I'm about to test this myself. It maybe important to note use of the back light if any. I like open squelch light. I'm not totally happy with Batt life but I swap when I get a low Batt indicator and I see that threshold can be adjusted.

Your 8hours is till dead or batt low?

davedidit

Premium Subscriber
8+ to low batt. on Panasonic and the Amazon Basic rechargeable 2800 Mha is just as good at 1/2 the price !

osros

Feed Provider
Thanks I may have to wait until weekend to test this but im not sure Im getting 8hrs with the supplied batteries, but I also have these non store rechargeable batteries that have the best specs I found will report when done.

Voyager

Yep. Depends on backlight settings, volume, amount of traffic monitored, type of traffic monitored (conv vs trunked), and battery capacity.

Using stock batteries, about 10 hours here. (BL always on, volume usually 10, monitoring local stuff only (within the same county), mix of trunked/conv.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I think it depends on what you monitor, I'm in a very rural area. I've got about 12 hours on the stock batteries. That's no light, very little interaction.

Come to Los Angeles where if you have the LAPD, Sheriff, and CHP programmed, the scanner will pick up something, virtually non-stop day and night. I have never formally measured my 436HP battery life, but it probably is no more than 6-8 hours, if I don't have the light coming on in squelch-mode each time I get a hit.
I have two 436HPs and routinely exchange the batteries it they read about 3.60 volts.

Steve AA6IO

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Yep. Depends on backlight settings, volume, amount of traffic monitored, type of traffic monitored (conv vs trunked), and battery capacity.

Using stock batteries, about 10 hours here. (BL always on, volume usually 10, monitoring local stuff only (within the same county), mix of trunked/conv.

You get 10 hours with the backlight always on?

Voyager

Yep. I'm usually only monitoring the area I'm located in - not the entire region. Thus, my relative reception activity is low.

wharris

Premium Subscriber
So, is there really no way to simply plug a BCD486HP in and listen?
In other words, is there no way to listen to this radio for 24hrs straight? (without having to change batteries?)
Seems like such a basic concept, that surely I must be missing something.

SCPD

QRT
USB 24 hours

So, is there really no way to simply plug a BCD486HP in and listen?
In other words, is there no way to listen to this radio for 24hrs straight? (without having to change batteries?)
Seems like such a basic concept, that surely I must be missing something.

Sure take your usb plug it into the scanner and a 5 volt source such as a cable box,usb wallwart,or computer and hit * * when it starts to come on or get an external usb long life 5 volt battery and tether it to the scanner via the usb plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.