What Should I program the Ohio Marcs System in my Pro-106 as?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
It depends on which MARCS you are talking about.

If you're talking about Ohio MARCS, then you need to program it as MOT 800/900. If you're talking about Ohio MARCS-IP, then you need to program it as P25. From the looks of it, the older Motorola system will be retired in the coming year, at which point the users will be switching over to the P25 MARCS-IP system. As for P25 Phase II, there's a note in the database for MARCS-IP that says that the system will likely be using P25 Phase I with an option of switching to Phase II voice sometime in the future. This would mean that the Pro-106 would likely work until the system switches to full Phase II mode.

Nasby

MOT-800/900, however, After March, You will need a P-25 Phase II scanner. All MARCS users are going to MARCS-IP.

Ohio MARCS are switching to P-25 IP system with Phase II capabilities.

There is no definite word of when (if ever) the switch will be made to a phase II. Most credible sources say it is years away.

So your PRO-106 will be just fine when the switch is made to MARCS IP.

nsrailfan6130

Ohio MARCS are switching to P-25 IP system with Phase II capabilities.

There is no definite word of when (if ever) the switch will be made to a phase II. Most credible sources say it is years away.

So your PRO-106 will be just fine when the switch is made to MARCS IP.
This where I got confused because the way I (mis)interpreted your statement I thought that they were gonna jump over from Ph-1 to Ph-2 right off. Well, I guess I have a lot to learn! lol!

Nasby

They are jumping to Marcs IP which is CAPABLE (key word is capable) of Phase II.

That doesn't mean that they will be using Phase II anytime soon (if ever). It just means that the Marcs IP system has that capability.

Just like I am CAPABLE of showing Brittney Spears a really, really good time!! Doesn't mean that will happen though.

nsrailfan6130

They are jumping to Marcs IP which is CAPABLE (key word is capable) of Phase II.

That doesn't mean that they will be using Phase II anytime soon (if ever). It just means that the Marcs IP system has that capability.

Just like I am CAPABLE of showing Brittney Spears a really, really good time!! Doesn't mean that will happen though.

Yeah I hear ya! Well, Thanks for clearing it up for me. As far as the Brittney Spears thing. One can dream right? But, that's for another conversation. lol! Seriously, though, I apologize to the op if this went OT any! I got the answers I needed so Thanks!

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
If a Phase II transmission should occur and there is at least one Phase I radio affiliating on that talk group then that transmission will be heard as Phase I.

Phase II is usually used for expansion which will probably occur down the road as the system grows beyond Phase I capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.