serial driver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have tried to download and open uniden serial drivers for the 436and 536monitor apps and having no success

Can you give us a little more info to go on?

Are you unable to locate them on the web?
Did you find them and are unable to download them?
Did you download them and now can't install them?

What, if any, error messages are you getting?

phask

Premium Subscriber
And what are you trying to do? For most uses you do not need drivers.

If just updating the DB - no drivers needed.

divison200

I am trying to connect the scanner with the computer and you can run the scanner from the computer, when trying to connect it is asking for a port

phask

Premium Subscriber
Did you do this:

Windows Serial Drivers

If you connect the scanner to your Windows PC and select Serial mode, you will be prompted for the proper driver. Download and unzip the following file: Windows_Serial_Drivers.zip When prompted, select the uniden_usbser.inf file.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thank you for your time, but when I do this I just receive a chart of the uniden virtual serial port

Not sure what you are looking at, but that download does not contain any charts.

Do you see the - uniden_usbser.inf - file? That is the driver.

divison200

I double checked my device manager and I am connected Uniden serial port comm3, but scanner screen version 2.62 states instance not connected disconnected cable and try again. I have been doing this over and over again but no luck

divison200

Thank you everyone for your help

I am connected, thanks everyone, I had the scanners in mass storage, but when I plugged in my usb cable and pressed .no button I connected right away

scottmp03

I am having the same problem. I am new to this, just got the 996P2. I have downloaded the USB driver because the 996P2 using Butel software says looking for a serial port. The file is giving me a "Chart".

Where do I need to put the file when downloaded and opened?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Plug in the scanner. When prompted for the location of the driver, point it to the directory where you unzipped the driver file.

scottmp03

996P2 usb driver

Thanks for the reply, however when doing the steps you have said, nothing happens. There is no prompt when turning on the scanner nor a prompt from the computer when it is connected to the USB of the computer and scanner, I'm trying to install the newest firmware update and it just keeps saying to install the virtual serial driver. I've tried installing the USB driver from Bearcat and no luck. I'm using Windows 8.

Thanks,
Scott
firelteng7@yahoo.com

szron

Premium Subscriber
Similar problem.

I point Windows Device manager to the unzipped Uniden Serial driver and I get this.

4knOcd7.png

Win 7 Pro and 536HP

scottmp03

Same message

I'm using windows 8 and I get the same message. The driver download from Uniden does not appear to install when unzipped as it opens 2 files that are just text and no executable install. What am I missing or doing wrong? I can't even get he firmware update from Uniden to install.

scottmp03

Nothing is giving me the option to Point to the file location. Doesn't even appear to be an executable install file, when unzipped just two files that have notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.