Mercer County P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvrat1

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if its my radio, but is anyone picking up the Mercer County P25 system. Noticed its been quiet here. Also when my GRE 600 is in analyze, S meter is registering, and I'm getting the correct ID (N582) but no % readings or anything else. Am I missing something?

rvrat1

Premium Subscriber
Additional Info

Here's an image of what is displayed on my radio.

Attachments

• Mercer Co NJ.jpg
    Mercer Co NJ.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 461

phillydjdan

I was up in that area last night with an XTS5000 portable and was picking up the system with no problems. It's programmed with the same info that's in the RRDB, so I'm not sure what to tell you. It sounds like a problem on your end, though

rvrat1

Premium Subscriber
thx for the info.......so far its making me nuts!........ON RR...its programming 2 control frequencies ....primary and Alt.... should I consider putting in the rest of the freqs?......This did work up until last week.........NUTS I say!.

Septa3371CSX1

Try turning off the global attenuation. That might help you decode better. Putting in the rest of the freqs won't do much help unless they change the control channel. If you're picking up the CC then it seems as though it isn't decoding properly for one reason or another.

phillydjdan

Probably wouldn't hurt to try adding the other channels. I know some systems (although rare) have switched control channels suddenly.

rvrat1

Premium Subscriber
Well...tried the Global thing...NG.....The Primary control channel sound wacky...not the continuous data stream.......I have the radio in manual on alt freq...I'm hearing normal transmission with that......however no chance of being selective using it this way. I tried a factory reset.....NG....Memory test pass OK....starting to think the radio has a problem.

robbinsj2

A new control channel is revealed -- 500.75. I'm getting a data stream on 508.9875 which my scanner thinks is a control channel but I get 0% decode on it, and good decode rates on 500.75.

My 600 is slaved to Unitrunker and not really programmed for stand-alone scanning of this system, but when I sit on the system to decode the control channel it seems to lock up on that 508.9875 stream. So try putting in 500.75 and taking out 508.9875 and see if that helps.

Jim

phillydjdan

508.9875 is not part of the Mercer County trunk system, FYI. If you have it programmed in as a control channel, I would delete or lock it out.

robbinsj2

Sorry, meant 508.4875. Continuous data on 508.4875 which my 600 thought was an active control channel but isn't. Once tuned to the 500.75 control channel Unitrunker isn't showing any activity on it but Pro96Com is showing "private data" calls.

rvrat1

Premium Subscriber
NICE WORK

Robbins hit the nail on the head!.....Had the radio packed up ready to ship for service. Just seen your post about the new control freq. Unpacked it....setup the new control freq....works like a charm!!....thx again!
....rick

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Had the same problem here and I live right in town of one of the sites. Had only the 2 CC's loaded and I was not getting nothing with my 436 but the PSR800 was fine. Once I added in all the channels again voila. So they did change the CC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.