Philly PD problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
I am normally able to pick up most of Philly with my RS Pro-197 at my location just outside West Philly. I haven't listened to PPD in a little while. Icy morning here so today I activated the PPD bank on my scanner to listen for the bad spots and I am not getting anything at all.

I went to Broadcastify and the 'citywide' feed is picking up the traffic division. Has something changed recently that I'm not able to pick up and PPD at all, have they gone to Phase II TDMA or something?

phillydjdan

PD sounds fine on my APX, perhaps its just the icy conditions messing with your scanner

Septa3371CSX1

I've had issues lately monitoring the Philly TRS with my Pro 106. Not sure if they did anything or not - most other trunk systems and conventional stuff works fine (only other TRS I have trouble with on the 106 is Lower Merion EDACS-N). I typically can't get the Philly TRS from my location due to topography and a cell phone tower nearby. I used to get pretty good portable coverage in the city but lately it has been hit and miss (even when using the new glass mount antenna I got off Amazon). I did change some settings and ended up reverting them due to reception issues but kept higher values for the RSSI bars.

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies. It's just odd, wasn't getting anything at all, not even a garbled transmission, whereas I used to get the whole city, albeit parts of it garbled. Broadcastify had active transmissions I was normally able to pick up.

I'm in the Lansdowne area I'm picking up all of DELCO, even sector 1 but it's a little scratchy. Picking up South Jersey too, just nothing at all from the PPD or the Phila municipal channels.

I just checked it again and now I'm getting a few transmissions from the PPD. I don't know/understand if it was coincidence, or as mentioned icy conditions, but playing with a few things and found the ATT was on, turned it off and got a few districts to come through now.

Anyway thanks again for the replies.

phillydjdan

I was having very slight issues with my XTS portable picking up Philly today. A few transmissions came through a little garbled. It must be something on their end, because I normally get them 100% on that radio, and it sits in one place, never moves. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.