Essex Fire program help

Status
Not open for further replies.

adymoe

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, im currently trying to program my local fire department that use an LTR Passport system. after typing in the frequency, my scanner asks for an LCN (logical channel number) but RR database doesnt list any for me. How do I know what to program in? Anyone else listen to Essex Fire?

adymoe

Premium Subscriber
you may actually be right, i did notice that but i wasnt sure if dispatch was on a different system if thats even possible. But all the frequencies are still the same as their priot ltr system frequencies. So does that mean a BCD996XT cant pick them up on their new system?

mciupa

Database Admin
No, it can't. You will have to explore alternative methods perhaps using DSD+ software and USB dongles.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Mike is correct, the LTR system is gone. Even if they were still on the Passport system you wouldn't be able to trunk it properly (the 996 will do LTR, but not Passport).

bosco836

Yes. Leamington can be received using the frequency found in the database and has not moved to a new system.

SCPD

QRT
Just out of curiosity, is there enough info in the database to program a Trbo radio to receive this new system? Just what is this "DEC" number? Is that the talkgroup?

I'd be interested in getting some more active traffic in my scan.
Metro Detroit 440 ham (analog and digital) can get pretty quiet.
And all the cops on my side of the river are on 800.
I grew up in Emeryville, so I would know a lot of the places they are talking about.
Of course the radio will be tx disabled.

adymoe

Premium Subscriber
I guess there isnt a scanner out that can monitor trbo systems. But that DEC is the talkgroup channel displayed on your scanner when they are transmitting.

DaveH

Just out of curiosity, is there enough info in the database to program a Trbo radio to receive this new system? Just what is this "DEC" number? Is that the talkgroup?

You could program a system site into a DMR radio as a list of all frequencies/timeslots,
with the correct DCC (Colour Code) for that site (not all are listed), and scan one of more
TGs conventionally. This sort-of works as scan delays can cause loss of some of the
conversation.

I believe trying to program the system as a Connect Plus system is a whole different
ballgame, which requires a suitable radio plus programming hardware/software that
is most likely impractical for most casual listeners. You probably need additional system
information not available to everyone.

There is a question of privacy setting. If they don't use it, fine. If they do, or plan to,
you would be out of luck.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.