2015 - Kansas City Metro Area MARRS P25 Trunked Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
The 2015 Kansas City Metro Area P25 (MARRS) TRS -- Please Post All questions/info here!!!

Terry, can you please make this a stikky like the other please.

H Harry

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
KCFD Changes?

Just heard an announcement on the A1 dispatch channel that all personnel will be taking their rig and portable radios in for programming throughout the day. Has something changed or about to change on the FD side?

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Just heard an announcement on the A1 dispatch channel that all personnel will be taking their rig and portable radios in for programming throughout the day. Has something changed or about to change on the FD side?

Ok, here's what happened yesterday (in case anyone cares/was wondering). KCFD took all 200+ radios in and had the "C-deck" removed from their radios. Previously when they responded to structure fires/major incidents, the dispatcher would say something to the effect of "units enroute, switch portables to A-5 and rig radios to C-5". That went away with yesterday's reprogramming. Going forward, all tac channels will now be assigned on the "A-deck" (both rig and portables) to avoid any confusion. Other than that, nothing else has changed. This information came directly from a reliable contact at the department.

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
Funny I queried the KCFD on this and they have not even responded with an email or a phone call.
Some of my media contacts have done the same thing, not a peep.
So much for Communications.

HH

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Funny I queried the KCFD on this and they have not even responded with an email or a phone call.
Some of my media contacts have done the same thing, not a peep.
So much for Communications.

HH

I don't understand what's so top secret about it. Doesn't surprise me, though.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the update. I see that the FD TG 33009 is still in use. It sounds like a channel that is patched with FD Dispatch. They call up units and send them to "A" channels. It is rarely used. Any one know what this is? There was a couple ones 33004 and 33005 I've seen before, but not lately. In JOCO it seems every fire station and some units have their own talk group. Ran trunk discovery past 10 day and have 68 hits not in the DB. The JOCO fire ones are 302xxx - 30256 ( last one Battalion 91 and Engine 21).

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the update. I see that the FD TG 33009 is still in use. It sounds like a channel that is patched with FD Dispatch. They call up units and send them to "A" channels. It is rarely used. Any one know what this is? There was a couple ones 33004 and 33005 I've seen before, but not lately. In JOCO it seems every fire station and some units have their own talk group. Ran trunk discovery past 10 day and have 68 hits not in the DB. The JOCO fire ones are 302xxx - 30256 ( last one Battalion 91 and Engine 21).

33009 is their "multi-purpose" patch channel. They can patch in with Fire Mutual Aid and Liberty FD when they need additional units. I've also heard 690 talking on 33002 when they're doing water rescues along the MO River.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
It appears AMR has a Missouri dispatch channel 31845, Kansas dispatch channel 31843, Metro TAC 31844, and a couple other unknowns (31841. 31840). MARC.org has a map of their designated response area but doesn't list it in zones. Any ideas?

scannerowner

According to Mokanscan, 31841 is Platte County Dispatch, 31843 is JOCO Dispatch, 31845 is Independence Primary Dispatch, 31844 is Independence Secondary, but that's not all confirmed. Maybe someone else will provide more details.

In a scanning since for us, I think it'd be easier to have separate dispatch TGs for each area.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
According to Mokanscan, 31841 is Platte County Dispatch, 31843 is JOCO Dispatch, 31845 is Independence Primary Dispatch, 31844 is Independence Secondary, but that's not all confirmed. Maybe someone else will provide more details.

In a scanning since for us, I think it'd be easier to have separate dispatch TGs for each area.

Here's my observations: multiple emergency calls go out daily on 31841 for Parkville, Weatherby Lake, and other areas of South Platte County. 31843 is rather boring transfer junk in Johnson County. 31845 is everything in Independence, and 31844 is basically side talk between dispatch and the ambulance crews. I would say everything listed there is correct except for 31844 (which is not just limited to Independence).

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
I heard a dispatcher refer to a unit keying up on 31844 as Metro Tac channel. There are defiantly a JOCO, Independence, and a Platte dispatch channels. I've never listened to them before, just this past week. Unless anyone object I'll send these to the DB Admin.
31841 AMR Dispatch Platte County
31843 AMR Dispatch Johnson County
31844 AMR Metro Tac
31845 AMR Dispatch Independence

scannerowner

Go ahead and submit it, and I will change my programming. I was listening to AMR a few months ago, to figure out how they were dispatching units. I wonder what 31842 would be, maybe another Tac? I have heard a unit on one of the TGs saying they were on Independence Dispatch and couldn't figure out how to get it off.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I heard a dispatcher refer to a unit keying up on 31844 as Metro Tac channel. There are defiantly a JOCO, Independence, and a Platte dispatch channels. I've never listened to them before, just this past week. Unless anyone object I'll send these to the DB Admin.
31841 AMR Dispatch Platte County
31843 AMR Dispatch Johnson County
31844 AMR Metro Tac
31845 AMR Dispatch Independence

No objections here.

Go ahead and submit it, and I will change my programming. I was listening to AMR a few months ago, to figure out how they were dispatching units. I wonder what 31842 would be, maybe another Tac? I have heard a unit on one of the TGs saying they were on Independence Dispatch and couldn't figure out how to get it off.

One way to pin down AMR response areas is the unit numbers:
300's are Independence
500's are Southern Platte
600's are Johnson County

31842 is LifeFlight Eagle. No affiliation whatsoever with AMR.

scannerowner

No objections here.

One way to pin down AMR response areas is the unit numbers:
300's are Independence
500's are Southern Platte
600's are Johnson County

31842 is LifeFlight Eagle. No affiliation whatsoever with AMR.

So I think I've asked before, but is that talkgroup a dispatch talkgroup for Life Flight? I hear traffic on it, but it seems the call probably was already dispatched over the other means of communication they have.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
So I think I've asked before, but is that talkgroup a dispatch talkgroup for Life Flight? I hear traffic on it, but it seems the call probably was already dispatched over the other means of communication they have.

Coming directly from a source who presently works there: Calls for the Harrisonville and Odessa bases are "toned-out" on the KC Wireless LTR (Passport) system (so you won't hear those). Clinton and Trenton are toned on their own repeaters (which can be heard). Once the aircraft actually launch is when you'll hear them come up on the MARRS talkgroup.

tdhooge

Premium Subscriber
Yagi 800 mhz Antennea

I am having on heck of a time scanning in Belton, I am looking to get a Yagi 800mhz antenna and all I keep seeing are ones for cell, will those work I know the are 800mhz but I want to make sure a I find one that will work.

Also has Shawnee PD gone encrypted? A friend of mine says he cannot pick them up and he lives in shawnee and when I have been out there I also don't pick them up.
TIA

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I am having on heck of a time scanning in Belton, I am looking to get a Yagi 800mhz antenna and all I keep seeing are ones for cell, will those work I know the are 800mhz but I want to make sure a I find one that will work.

Also has Shawnee PD gone encrypted? A friend of mine says he cannot pick them up and he lives in shawnee and when I have been out there I also don't pick them up.
TIA

I can't answer the antenna question. As for Shawnee PD, dispatch is still clear (just heard them a while ago). All of their car to car and tactical comms are encrypted.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Caught two more unknown talkgroups today: 34308 and 35940. Both sounded like Clay County Sheriff. Does anyone know what those are used for?

talkpair

It appears sites 5 and 6 are now on the air.

Site 5 -- 772.68125 MHz / NAC 2B5
Site 6 -- 771.38125 MHz / NAC 2B6

Talk group 34361 seems pretty busy on both sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.