Farland? Database name Error? Marshall County IL -

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
The recent update to this system may have a city name error. Couldn't find a form on the site that was easy to see to call attention to this so:
Supreme Radio Communications (DMR)
System Name: Supreme Radio Communications (DMR)
County: 23 counties
System Type: DMR Motorola Capacity Plus (TRBO)
System Voice: DMR
Last Updated: January 20, 2015, 9:18 pm (Changed Site # 101 (Bloomington ) to 101 (Bloomington

There is no "Farland" in Marshall County IL. There IS a Sparland IL west, across the river from Lacon IL in Marshall County which is the County Seat. I lived down here for 3 years then 4 more years just south in Peoria Co. The Yellow marker is the site I'm talking about in the photo. I guess they could have named it "Farland" in jest since it's FAR from anything. If thats the official name then no harm no foul. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

kma371

QRT
The recent update to this system may have a city name error. Couldn't find a form on the site that was easy to see to call attention to this so:
Supreme Radio Communications (DMR)
System Name: Supreme Radio Communications (DMR)
County: 23 counties
System Type: DMR Motorola Capacity Plus (TRBO)
System Voice: DMR
Last Updated: January 20, 2015, 9:18 pm (Changed Site # 101 (Bloomington ) to 101 (Bloomington

There is no "Farland" in Marshall County IL. There IS a Sparland IL west, across the river from Lacon IL in Marshall County which is the County Seat. I lived down here for 3 years then 4 more years just south in Peoria Co. The Yellow marker is the site I'm talking about in the photo. I guess they could have named it "Farland" in jest since it's FAR from anything. If thats the official name then no harm no foul. Thanks.

If you look at the system license below:
WPMN447 (Supreme Radio Communications, Inc) FCC Callsign Details

It lists it as Farland, IL so maybe FCC typo'd the license. I updated it in the DB

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Farland

This is what I thought. It was probably listed that way to begin with. Thanks.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Farland?

Yes, I saw that but the form didn't allow for any explanation like the photo attachment as far as I could see. It only has a spot to type in frequencies in unless it opens up with a large window to type in after that. I see it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.