CS-700 Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I recall the CS-700 was being sold for around $160-180 new awhile back. Is that still the case? Or was it introductory offer only?

Tim

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
It's now $199 for licensed amateurs, more for commercial (non-ham).

N4KVE

My friend just got a 700 for $180. Who knows when the 7000 will be released? Many times in business I've seen products released 1 year after the release date because of various problems. Anyone remember the 1983 Corvette. It was supposed to come out in Sept 1982, but because of many problems with the new design, it wasn't released until a full year later as a 1984 Corvette, so there was no 1983 Corvette. Keltec KSG shotgun was shown in the gun mags, & everyone wanted one. But because of problems, it took a full year to work out the bugs, & get it to the public. My friend who wanted the 7000 ended up buying the 700 when I explained all the above to him, & that he could grow old & die waiting for the 7000. I mean we haven't even seen a prototype yet.

SCPD

QRT
700 and 7000

My friend just got a 700 for $180. Who knows when the 7000 will be released? Many times in business I've seen products released 1 year after the release date because of various problems. My friend who wanted the 7000 ended up buying the 700 when I explained all the above to him, & that he could grow old & die waiting for the 7000. I mean we haven't even seen a prototype yet.

I'm definitely interested in getting one of these, but I'm not getting one until it's been out a couple months, and people have critiqued it.

N4KVE

I'm definitely interested in getting one of these, but I'm not getting one until it's been out a couple months, and people have critiqued it.
This is my feeling too. I never buy the first of anything, as I refuse to be a lab rat, or test monkey on a brand new product. When new fw, or CPS is released, I always wait a while until I use it. Look at the problems with new 2.4 fw, & CPS 11.

kb5udf

Premium Subscriber
Check PM

Timkilbride, please check your PM.

FYI I bought it from Jerry at Dayton Hamvention 5/2014, with invoice price of 180, plus 11 bucks shipping. Programming cable
was another 5 bucks.

JB

Last edited:

Lobstah_Guy

CS-700

It's now $199 for licensed amateurs, more for commercial (non-ham).

What dealers are selling the CS-700? I searched Connect Systems website
which gave a list of dealers that supposedly carry these radios, but when I
got the dealers page they don't seem to have them listed.

Who carries these?

Thanks,
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.