• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

cb radio concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA3EHF

Banned
Banned
Im concerned that "rambone " will be on channel 19 this weekend is there anything that a cb radio operator can do in canada to deal with rude cbers in canada on channel 19 i'm likely thinking that cb radio will not last in canada and i'm might upgrade my cb radio

sincerely,
jeff grant
cb radio rambo

PACNWDude

The best way that works is to turn that dial to another channel. If they have nobody to talk to, they fail to get their kick from annoying anybody. Like trolls on the internet, don't feed their need for attention.

VA3EHF

Banned
Banned
cb radio concerns (problems on channel 19)

I AM ASKING IF THERE IS Anything that a local cb radio operator can do to DEAL WITH TRUCKERS ON CHANNEL 19 (IN CANADA) I'M JUST CONCERNED THAT LOCAL CBERS WILL CURSE AT ME ON Channel 19 .i'm tired of being treated like a piece of ****!!! THIS IS PISSING ME OFF AND I HAVE CONTACTED INDUSTRY Canada to file a cb radio complaint. is there anything that a cb radio operator can do to deal with foul language on the cb radio in barrie ontario canada. i'm following cb radio rules in canada as i'm A CB RADIO RAMBO PLEASE RESPOND ASAP I'M THE LAW ON THE CB RADIO HERE IN BARRIE ONTARIO CANADA!!!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Jeff, as I pointed out to you in our private conversation, the only legal recourse you have is through Industry Canada.

If they won't investigate, then I'm afraid there's not much else you can do.

mike_art03a

As others have pointed out, Industry Canada is really your only choice for enforcement of regulations. But as CB radio is more or less open to abuse... not much you can do. Also, don't go sinking down to the idiots' level, that can come back to bite you as well.

But in general, just like plain ol' FM radio, if you don't like it, turn that dial!

ChetsJug

I'd use a Radio Direction Finder to locate where they stop for coffee and donuts, pour some hunters deer piss in their vents and leave a note on the windscreen telling them to stop swearing on channel 19 or there will be more savvier consequences in the future.

Disclaimer: Do this only in the jurisdictions where it is legal.

Herodog

Years ago I had a person. On the CB that did the same thing to me in the USA we put a stop to it this what we did if you can find out who it is try taking. A straight pin o needle in his coax try to touch the center conductor to make a complete. Short as he talk's his radio will fry second try plugging his ears he can talk if can not hear take a old CB walkie talkie put on 19 tape the mic key open toss in his lawn if on a home unit the battery in the unit will last for days he will not hear anything lol now this what we did use this info at your own risk

elk2370bruce

I'd use a Radio Direction Finder to locate where they stop for coffee and donuts, pour some hunters deer piss in their vents and leave a note on the windscreen telling them to stop swearing on channel 19 or there will be more savvier consequences in the future.

Disclaimer: Do this only in the jurisdictions where it is legal.

And if you get caught doing it, you will be the main course at the roadkill cafe.

quarterwave

Really, this topic exists? I thought it was common knowledge among even 10 year olds that you get what you get on CB...it's a free for all.

There is one cure for not having issues with the CB....turn it off.

TheSpaceMann

I AM ASKING IF THERE IS Anything that a local cb radio operator can do to DEAL WITH TRUCKERS ON CHANNEL 19 (IN CANADA) I'M JUST CONCERNED THAT LOCAL CBERS WILL CURSE AT ME ON Channel 19 .i'm tired of being treated like a piece of ****!!! THIS IS PISSING ME OFF AND I HAVE CONTACTED INDUSTRY Canada to file a cb radio complaint. is there anything that a cb radio operator can do to deal with foul language on the cb radio in barrie ontario canada. i'm following cb radio rules in canada as i'm A CB RADIO RAMBO PLEASE RESPOND ASAP I'M THE LAW ON THE CB RADIO HERE IN BARRIE ONTARIO CANADA!!!
Just see if you can get those clowns to cross over the border into the USA! Down hear, our FCC boys will take care of 'em!! ;)

ChetsJug

Guess not

And if you get caught doing it, you will be the main course at the roadkill cafe.

I figured that people would realize that property damage was illegal in every country on the planet and classify this reply as Sarcasm.. Guess not.

But then again, why is anyone taking this thread seriously. I mean get real. He's a CB Radio Rambo? He's "The LAW on CB radio"?

" I'M JUST CONCERNED THAT LOCAL CBERS WILL CURSE AT ME ON Channel 19"?? Huh? Come on, is this guy 9 years old?

Please, make them stop Mommie!

Jesus, the people that are taking this thread seriously are giving me a headache. This guy is taking you all for a ride. Wake up!

Last edited:
It is illegal and most know that...... But try proving proberty damage on some of these cb rambos. Their truck smells Like a combat crew coming back in to an fob after a 3 day recon mission. You could get away with it. He'll they may not even notice the difference till they open their door and a buck jumps in ( if you use doe urine). Lol

VA3EHF

Banned
Banned
cb radio

Jeff, as I pointed out to you in our private conversation, the only legal recourse you have is through Industry Canada.

If they won't investigate, then I'm afraid there's not much else you can do.

yeah i spoke to industry canada today and they will still deal with cb radio here in barrie ontario canada

Status
Not open for further replies.