Mercer County Emergency Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys,

I need some clarification from locals & this can also go in the database when ironed-out:

Who is on what, now that the TRS is being used regularly?

I was leaving a job at my East Windsor site last week & saw a few fire chiefs going Code-3 to a call. I still had what I THOUGHT was the ES operations channel in my mobile, and I heard nothing. Saw a whole lot of S-meter movement that turned out to be what sounded like data bursts or some other kind of telemetry. And it was often. I see that the township never even narrow-banded that channel.

Any help confirming what jurisdictions are on the TRS & who are still on their conventional/county VHF would be grand. Thanks! :D

Minor edit - I processed a well-written submission last year that spelled out the new conventional UHF fireground & TAC channels:

Tac 1 - East Windsor, Hightstown, West Windsor (East Region)
Tac 2 - Ewing, Hopewell, Lawrence, Princeton (North Region)
Tac 3 - Hamilton, Robbinsville (South Region)

Are these also the confirmed towns that moved to the TRS for response & primary ops?

Last edited:

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Scott, I still hear 154.025 and County Fire VHF being used as dispatch but I believe E.W. is using ER for their tactical more so than old TAC1 on VHF...They may be patched but I would have to listen more. But I just wish PD would go trunked. Their UHF signal is terrible. Of course their EMS VHF is the worst I have ever heard for clarity and all the intermod it gets.

Monoxide16

Does anyone know when all PD will switch over to the trunk system? And can anyone hear Trenton PD? Since they have a patch on the trunk system.

kdean7

Last I heard HPD was looking into their own system and did not want to use the county system. Some things of course change rapidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.