Tampa - ICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Hey Everyone,

Hope all is well...Question, has the local Immigration & Customs Enforcement move to a different frequency? The frequency is 168.850 has no use of it in the last 2 months.

ecps92

Have you tried searching 162-174 at 12.5 Khz channels ? :cool:
From the prior thread there was plenty of changes occuring with the move of CBP, BP and ICE to P25

Looked it over haven't found anything for Immigration & Customs Enforcement for Tampa. Still listening to 168.850 and haven't heard anything as of yet.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, chances of monitoring ICE radio traffic are small these days, at least from my experience in south Florida. Because they are an investigative agency, they aren't on the radio on a regular basis like their DHS counterparts in Border Patrol or Air and Marine units. When they do use the radio, it is usually for surveillance and in simplex mode the majority of the time. Records checks and admin comms usually take place on smart phones these days. The best bet it to catch them on their Tac channels.

With the advent of multi-band radios, you may want to consider searching for federal traffic on local trunked systems. Not on the dispatch channels, more likely on tactical, joint ops channels. Numerous federal agencies are going that route here in Florida.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
When I scan the VHF Federal frequency band all I pick up is my local VA hospital, CBP & DEA when their active. I think the ICE went silent or went to a different frequency.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
When I scan the VHF Federal frequency band all I pick up is my local VA hospital, CBP & DEA when their active. I think the ICE went silent or went to a different frequency.

DEA on VHF in Florida? I thought they were still on UHF analog.

As for ICE, they're still on the same network they used to be on, CBP's, at least for now. But I digress, most stuff is on simplex tac and a lot of encryption being used.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
DEA on VHF in Florida? I thought they were still on UHF analog.

As for ICE, they're still on the same network they used to be on, CBP's, at least for now. But I digress, most stuff is on simplex tac and a lot of encryption being used.

Yep, They are active almost all the time during mid morning around 9am to 11am sometimes around 1pm depends on what the traffic is. NAC is 156 I get them with 4 bars normally. Here's what other member logged 1 post scroll down until you see the frequency and the description.

I scanned the ICE frequencies I have in my scanner didn't hear anything at all.

http://forums.radioreference.com/fe...-news-flash-florida-bp-throws-p25-switch.html

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
What frequencies do you have for ICE in Tampa? Maybe I can help ID what you have.

Here are the frequencies I have:

Tampa ICE - 168.850 PL 151.4HZ

163.7000 - I had a hit a few times on this channel and found via Google it belongs to ICE.

I have some other frequencies I programmed in for ICE but these are the only two I have found that I picked up.

ecps92

163.7000 is exclusively ICE

You need to incorporate the NAC or PL with the Frequency, use will vary by Region.
I've heard ICE, CBP, BP, FIO, NPS, and FBI all on 163.7000

163.7000 - I had a hit a few times on this channel and found via Google it belongs to ICE.

I have some other frequencies I programmed in for ICE but these are the only two I have found that I picked up.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber

Both of those frequencies were part of the old analog Border Patrol system in the Tampa area. They have been taken off the air as of last fall. It is very unlikely that ICE units would operate on those frequencies. ICE would normally operate on the old analog CBP system throughout Florida.

What call signs did you hear ICE use? If you heard a three digit unit number, that would have been the border patrol. ICE Would have used four digit ID numbers prefixed by a letter.

Now Border Patrol, CBP OAM/OFO and ICE are all on the same new digital CBP system.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
163.7000 is exclusively ICE

You need to incorporate the NAC or PL with the Frequency, use will vary by Region.
I've heard ICE, CBP, BP, FIO, NPS, and FBI all on 163.7000

When I have it on NAC search on 163.700 I get 156 or 293 depends on the day so I guess they were using different NAC codes that is why I have it on NAC search.

Last edited:

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Both of those frequencies were part of the old analog Border Patrol system in the Tampa area. They have been taken off the air as of last fall. It is very unlikely that ICE units would operate on those frequencies. ICE would normally operate on the old analog CBP system throughout Florida.

What call signs did you hear ICE use? If you heard a three digit unit number, that would have been the border patrol. ICE Would have used four digit ID numbers prefixed by a letter.

Now Border Patrol, CBP OAM/OFO and ICE are all on the same new digital CBP system.

The voices I heard on 163.700 were 4 digit numbers I can't remember the number the center and agent used at the time sorry about that. By chance do you know the new frequencies ICE would use? I pick up 169.600 NAC 303 with full signal with clear auto transmissions and sometimes encryption.

Who talks on 170.8625? NAC 156 with some clear transmissions and some encryption? It's been stated it's DEA but not sure though. I get 3 bar signal strength. When it's active on 170.8625 it's surveillance or stings I want to make the correct correction just in case I got the wrong agency for that frequency.

ecps92

PL = aka Analog is in Hz
NAC is P25 Digital and not in Hz

When I have it on NAC search on 163.700 I get 156hz or 293hz depends on the day so I guess they were using different NAC codes that is why I have it on NAC search.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
The voices I heard on 163.700 were 4 digit numbers I can't remember the number the center and agent used at the time sorry about that. By chance do you know the new frequencies ICE would use? I pick up 169.600 NAC 303 with full signal with clear auto transmissions and sometimes encryption

It appears that 169.600 $303 is the new CBP Tampa system. And 163.700 was taken off the air when the new system was switched on.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Thanks guys for the help. I just picked up DHS Common 166.4625 first time in awhile I heard any comms on this frequencyI have NAC search on and same with digital voice mode and when I heard encrypted communications I didn't get the chance to look down at the NAC to see what it was. Does anyone know what they use for the Tampa Bay area? I searched on the MT files and it shows it can be Analog (100.0hz) and Digital ''unknown listed''.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I have seen many different P-25 NAC's on 166.4625 MHz. I've seen N001, N100, N167, etc., so it depends on who is using it. It is likely they are using specific NACs on the TX side, but may have digital carrier squelch on the RX side, so they can hear anyone on the frequency.

And it appears that this frequency is no longer just DHS common, as it is showing up in other agencies radios as "Federal Common".

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.