It's spelled amtrak!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slapshot0017

Alright guys please Amtrak is not spelled with a c ever... It's Amtrak! Not Amtrack... Even Google trys to fix it for you!!!

Ok end rant that is all...

On another note do we have any Railroad buffs out there? Any railroad communication history or just history in general would be cool to see!

pnoelw

Couldn't help but chime in here. The door's wide open.....
spelt.....not spelled
tries.....not trys
.....sorry!

D

DaveNF2G

Couldn't help but chime in here. The door's wide open.....
spelt.....not spelled
tries.....not trys
.....sorry!

Spelt is a kind of fish. Spelled is the past preterite tense of to spell.

We sure got off topic quickly, didn't we? LOL.

slapshot0017

HAHA! Now I look like the illiterate one... No, but seriously I don't get how you can spell Amtrak wrong! Google's spell check fixes it for you! The reason I say this is because it's wrong on the database and I've seen it misspelled on other places too.

mikepdx

I don't get how you can spell Amtrak wrong! Google's spell check fixes it for you!

Thanks for someone FINALLY saying it.

How could anyone misspell Amtrak without a spell checker?
It's been our national passenger rail service for nearly half a century.

Now if some of the geniuses could just understand
the difference between LOSE and LOOSE...

ecps92

Hopefully YOU have made a DB submission to CORRECT the spelling. Otherwise a RANT on the boards, will never get it fixed

HAHA! Now I look like the illiterate one... No, but seriously I don't get how you can spell Amtrak wrong! Google's spell check fixes it for you! The reason I say this is because it's wrong on the database and I've seen it misspelled on other places too.

haleve

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
All Things Railroad

Alright guys please Amtrak is not spelled with a c ever... It's Amtrak! Not Amtrack... Even Google trys to fix it for you!!!

Ok end rant that is all...

On another note do we have any Railroad buffs out there? Any railroad communication history or just history in general would be cool to see!

Care to narrow it down some? Rail buff is all encompassing, I've been around trains all my life but my main interest now is rail scanning in Metro NY/NJ/CT & South Florida, anything PennCentral in the old Atlantic, Metropolitan & Northeast regions & Amtrak NEC virtual engineering (Just another frustrated Casey Jones at heart)

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Somebody call hulcher... This thread's derailed all over the place.

And the proper term is "Amtrash", or "The reason I've been sitting in the hole for 5 hours".

SCPD

QRT
Actually it was called Amwreck years ago when it sucked for timely stops, maintenance and crappy service.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Am"Can I borrow your locomotive to help pull my train in because ours died again"trak.

Status
Not open for further replies.