myrtle beach febuary trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

reconrider8

What is there to monitor in myrtle beach during this time of year besize horry county and the myrtle beach system? Any military in the area that may be able to be monitored?

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
The Myrtle Beach system might still be on the air, but I don't believe there are any public safety agencies using it. Myrtle Beach FD and PD operate on the Horry County system.

When I'm visiting the Grand Strand area, I'm usually successful in monitoring at least some traffic from Shaw AFB in Sumter. It's 100+ miles inland, but their exercises bring them out close to the Grand Strand area on occasion and their radio traffic can be heard. I'm not a big MilAir enthusiast but I have had some success there. I'm not sure if the time of year affects activity at Shaw.

Palmetto 800 has plenty of traffic to monitor - SCHP and SHEP, along with other state agencies. If you're able to receive Site 39 (Georgetown and Southern Horry Co) then you can listen to the Georgetown County agencies.

There are all sorts of business frequencies to discover and listen to. Of course these won't be as active as during the summer months.

Enjoy your stay.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Coast guard LMR nets, Palmetto 800 especially for Georgetown County. Palmetto P25, Florence County site. Be sure to get the LifeNet Helo Dispatch on Palmetto 800.

LarrySC

The SC Air Nat Guard on PAL800 has 4 known talk groups. We hear them here in the upstate almost daily. Remember to use Pal 800 and Horry** county both at the beach. **Oh' ree

reconrider8

OK thanks guys were suppose to be stating at the dunes so I'll have my 2 SDRs setup monitoring and my 106 doing the talking lol

Status
Not open for further replies.