Does anyone out there own a BCT560XLT besides me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

svenmarbles

Premium Subscriber
I've owned this scanner for years. It's a very solidly built metal construction programmable scanner from about 1988 (possibly among the very first programmables). I inherited it from a family member who bought it around that time only as a curiosity, and when it became evident at a young age that I was really into radio type stuff it was gifted to me. Evidently this model was widely used in state trooper cars across the country for "serious use".

It's about as basic in nature as you can get in terms of functionality for a police scanner, but in terms of pure reception and sound quality, it's what I use as a benchmark to make sure my other scanners are receiving correctly.

It's current job is to scan exactly 3 channels (my local neighborhood), but periodically I'll punch in other frequencies that are weak on some of my other "plastic scanners" that have lots of functional options and receive modes, but seem to lack the meat and potatoes reception functionality that this thing does.

To my original point,.. Does anyone have one of these? There is not a single eham.com review entry for this model and exactly 2 youtube videos of this radio in use.. It seems to be quite rare as far as I can tell.. And if you have one, how do you find it's performance as it relates to some of the much more expensive plastic bodied radios..

Bucko

I own one and still use in my garage. It has great audio and sensitivity is really good. As for rare I don't think they are rare for I have seen them on Ebay several times. For the basic coverage scanner it is pretty hard to beat.

mancow

Database Admin
I had one for years. Walmart used to sell them. One is still running in the jail in our county.

dmg1969

I used to have one in my car years ago and it was a good scanner. I tried in vain to find a new old stock one about a year ago. At the time, most on eBay look pretty beat.

jand1958

I have one. it does double duty between the truck and garage. Great little scanner. I bought it from Wal-Mart around 1988-1989.

N8IAA

Had one about 30 years ago. It sat on an end table in the living room.
Used to listen to Cleve, OH PD and FD. Got my ham ticket, and used my dual band radios to listen in. Then Cleveland went dark on VSLP digital.
Was happy, when visiting relatives this past summer, to follow CPD again!
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.