CALAW1 154.92000 Air Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know who in Sacramento operates on the CALAW1 154.92000 frequency? I have it programmed into my scanner and it sounds like aerial surveillance of some sort. Doesn't operate all the time but every couple months I hear an air unit talking to ground units it sounds like. Maybe a personal message response if it's sensitive and someone knows. I know Sac PD CCAT units logged on the Sac TRS system today but don't know if they have access to a low-profile aerial surveillance unit.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
154.920MHZ = CLEMARS = California Law Enforcement Mutual Aid Radio System.

It's a simplex channel used throughout the state. Most dispatch centers have it and many actively monitor it. Many agencies that use VHF for their normal communications have it in their radios. Most state parks law enforcement units have it, too.

You are probably hearing mutual aid traffic.

In my county (Santa Cruz) it's often used between dispatch centers and for BOL type traffic.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I heard the traffic on there today too. It wasn't mutual aid. Sounded like an agency just needing a frequency that radios had in common. Simplex also means less coverage area.

kma371

QRT
Did they give locations?

I know of A drug task force in the central valley often uses it for surveillance

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I did not hear any locations specifically this time, however I have heard locations given in the past in the Sacramento area.

It's obviously surveillance or special ops based on the terminology they're using (i.e. Target, location 1, location 2, etc.)

I looked at the flight tracker for the airport system here around the time they were up and I think I found where they were but the call sign on the site doesn't match up to any info I have., "BAJA".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kma371

QRT
I did not hear any locations specifically this time, however I have heard locations given in the past in the Sacramento area.

It's obviously surveillance or special ops based on the terminology they're using (i.e. Target, location 1, location 2, etc.)

I looked at the flight tracker for the airport system here around the time they were up and I think I found where they were but the call sign on the site doesn't match up to any info I have., "BAJA".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAJA belongs to the 912th ARS at March ARB

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Yep, so do all ours. Our dispatchers call it CLEMARS.

I changed their consoles and the radios to VFire21 from "Fire White" just last year. I have to do these changes slowly and carefully.

scottyhetzel

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
I agree, however there is a thread about the problems using the p.l. On the Rx side. It's on the L.A./ Inland forum. Basically not every agency is on the same page.

Agreed. From a technical issue, the problem with the RX CTCSS is that not everyone is transmitting 156.7.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Agreed. From a technical issue, the problem with the RX CTCSS is that not everyone is transmitting 156.7.

...and the requirement to TRANSMIT 156.7 went into effect a year before the receive. Funny thing is the STATE agency called "CHP" can't manage to follow the STATE mandate from OES to get that encode in there.

Oh well...someday...

Status
Not open for further replies.