• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TYT DM-UVF10 2-tone inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

23valpo

I recently purchased a TYT DM-UVF10 radio. I purchased this radio for it's advertised 2-tone capabilities. Unfortunately, I have not had any success with the radio performing the 2-tone function. I have attempted email's to TYT but no reply from them. Has anyone had any luck with obtaining a actual 2-tone response from this radio?

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

wa2chj

I have a different, probably older, model TYT, and the 2-tone decode works fine on it, so they do know how to do it. How have you got it programmed?

23valpo

Hello and Thanks for your response.
The software was downloaded directly from the TYT web site for the specific radio.
Identified as F11. The help function does not populate for this software. (Which I why I maybe programming the radio wrong)
Under the Channel section for the mode, I entered the following.
RX Frequency- 154.31000
RX tone- None
Signal type- 2 tone
signal system- 1
SQL Mode-signal

Under the 2 Tone section, I programmed the following
System-1
Formatt- A-B
Response-Remind and select ( I have no idea what this references)
A-Tone-2376.9 Hz
B-Tone -1733.2 Hz
normal timing configuration tone A- 1 sec. Tone B- 3 sec. Long tone 5 sec.

wa2chj

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. What you have programmed looks correct as far as it goes. I know when I first did the programming on the radio model I have, it wouldn't work either. Then I finally realized I had programmed all the info into the ENCODE table. Make sure you have it programmed into the DECODE area. It's not as obvious as the ENCODE table, and at least on mine, will only accept ONE set of two tone sequential info unlike the ENCODE table that will take several. If you have it in the correct place, I don't think I can help you anymore. It will take someone with that model, or at least that software to help you. I'd be glad to look at the software if you can provide a link. I assume it's free as most TYT software is.

Scott

wa2chj

I now have one of the DM-UVF10s and have programmed it for Fire Tone Out for three different tone sets on two different systems. They all work just fine.
Did you get yours working, or do you still need some help?

Scott

ff_sar_emt

Premium Subscriber
I now have one of the DM-UVF10s and have programmed it for Fire Tone Out for three different tone sets on two different systems. They all work just fine.
Did you get yours working, or do you still need some help?

Scott
I could use some help here wa2chj i have had no luck getting a successful decode, despite correct tone info.

Status
Not open for further replies.