Independence Missouri Fire Talk groups Not working. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcnavyd

Ok So I have a Question. About a year ago Independence Missouri Police went fully Encrypted. So we had just the Fire that was on the P25 system. I have noticed over the last couple months that Fire has gone Silent as well. I don't see a reason for this to go Encrypted and have not read anywhere that this has. So my question is how or who can I talk to to verify that the current Talk Goups on the Radio Reference Site is correct, or to find out if they went Encrypted? I don't believe this is an issue with my scanner, but just trying got see if thing have changed the the Data base is not up to date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Attachments

• Radio Reference Current.jpg
    Radio Reference Current.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 306
  • scanner current 2.png
    scanner current 2.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 164
  • Scanner programmed.png
    Scanner programmed.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 186

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You might have this moved to the Missouri page - the local folks there may pick up on it sooner than here.

You appear to be using a Radio Shack scanner and I know little about them. On a Uniden, you can hold on an encrypted talkgroup and get some kind of indication when an encrypted transmission is occuring.

Jcnavyd

Buddrousa- Thats kinda the problem I have. It is possible it has been moved to the phase 2 side, because I am not getting anything right now. It scanning but even if I hold a channel thats Encrypted as ofd8001 mentioned I get nothing, no Garbled talk or anything. So I am trying to find out if there could have been a change in line up, talk groups or migration that the Database here has not received or updated too.
OFD8001- I would have it moved, unfortunately I am not sure how to do that, still VERY green on the forums here. Been running my pro-106 for about 4 years now and has done very well. When they encrypted the Police we got the encryption garble, if you will, after wards. not on anything of the P25 for Independence, it is Radio Silent.

bchappuie

You might want to get into analyze mode and ensure you have the control channel loaded. I know here in JoCo, they changed CC to one not in the DB.

Jcnavyd

Well the Problem With that is I am unsure how to do the Analyze mode. Are you talking just an open scan mode and see if I pick up on it?

talkpair

The control channel is currently on 857.7375 for the Eastern Jackson County segment of MARRS.

The database shows 856.7375 as the control channel. It is now an alternate, along with 858.2125 and 858.4625.

Jcnavyd

talkpair- Thank you for at least giving me an answer that there has been a frequency change. My other question though is I use Butel to program my Scanner. Any clue how I would go about changing the CC on this? I don think I can do this through Butel right? Sorry. Very green on the programming side

RDGDigital

OFD8001- I would have it moved, unfortunately I am not sure how to do that, still VERY green on the forums here.

Just an FYI, you can click on the red triangle in the upper right of your post and ask an administrator to move this thread to another forum, e.g., the Missouri forum.

Jcnavyd

talkpair- You are a Life Saver. I went in to the Butel Software and added those Frequencies to the Marrs group. Off thing was that this was pulled from RadioReference and only has 3 scan Frequencies in there. So long story short I added them and we are back up and Running. Thank you all so much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.