Upgrade issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene

Greetings. I recently went to do an upgrade to my 996T. I went into the upgrade screen by cutting the power on while simultaneously holding the required keys. A message came on that stated I needed a registration key before applying the updates, so I unplugged everything and went to the Uniden site and it stated I needed an ESN and Checksum number which I needed to get off the screen. When I went back to the scanner however and turned it on it just flashes a blank screen. In reading further I see that you should not interrupt the process once started. Have I turned the scanner into a paperweight or can it be reset. Thanks in advance for any help.

Eugene KG4AVE

Eugene

UP Man. Thanks for the reply. I did as described but to no avail. The problem as I see it is a kind of Catch-22 situation. I cannot do the update w/o registering the product. I can't do that w/o an ESN and ESN Checksum which I cannot retrieve from the scanner as it is disabled. No registration no update....no update, no registration. Hope that makes sense. Thanks again. Any next step....if there is a next step....is appreciated.

Eugene KG4AVE

Eugene

ok.....I have tried downloading the 1.04.12 update. I continuously get "Programming Error". I have followed the directions to the letter....numerous times. I am using the programming cable that I use to update/change frequencies in all my Uniden scanners and have had no problems so I am fairly certain it is not a cable issue.... I have plugged and unplugged external powert....have turned it on while holding "L/O" and "6" until my fingers cramp. Have gone to the Uniden site and read what can cause this and am fairly certain it is none of those things. Any other suggestions would be welcome at this point. thank you for your attention.

Eugene KG4AVE

Status
Not open for further replies.