MA State PD system range

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know of the rage of the MSP Moto Type II or P25 I system into North Central CT(enfield area)? I can get Springfield PD, East Longmeadow and Longmeadow but not either of the MSP systems. I have a BCD996XT.

On the P25 system it appears the Ludlow HOC or Wilbraham sites are closest.
On the Moto Type II it appears the Monson or Brimfied sites are the closest.

Anyone have any luck getting these systems?

ecps92

Since they are/were designed for MA Coverage, any monitoring from CT would likely require a BEAM, unless right on the border

Anyone know of the rage of the MSP Moto Type II or P25 I system into North Central CT(enfield area)? I can get Springfield PD, East Longmeadow and Longmeadow but not either of the MSP systems. I have a BCD996XT.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I'm about 3/4 of a mile from the MA border and less than 1/2 mile from I-91.

ecps92

For the Analog - Monson (13) and Brimfield (14) are only an Inteli-Site, so unless someone is affiliated to it, it is not worth trying to listen to.

And since those are in C-Troop, use a beam and aim for the Zone 8 simulcast sites

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
If you are where I think you are, your best bet for MSP is Zone 18 from Mt Tom (Analog).
That zone is audible down to around Windsor Locks. (Nice LOS from the mountain).
Personally I've heard it on higher spots as far south as Hartford. But this is with a commercial grade antenna on the car, on "the good hills"., where I spend my time in CT.

P25, you will need a Beam, as Bill said.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I can get a signal from the P25 B South sites but I neet to get where I only get one site or else the CC is garbled and it is unmonitorable. The analog system from Mt Tom is best for me but is weak in Granby even with a beam. My remote site 800' higher hears it in decent weather with a discone antenna in an attic.
Based on limited monitoring, the problem with the Hampden Sheriff site is it only broadcasts HOC traffic. The Wilbraham site is a fill in site and often does not have much on it due to lack of user affiliations.

chris

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
I pick up the MSP analog in my truck once I get around Putnam off of 395. I also start picking them up around BDL.

I live on CT shoreline, so I can't hear a thing where I live ... nor would I want to, but as I head north into Mass I flip them on. I have some issues picking up the P25 system until I am like right on the line.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
If you are where I think you are, your best bet for MSP is Zone 18 from Mt Tom (Analog).
That zone is audible down to around Windsor Locks. (Nice LOS from the mountain).
Personally I've heard it on higher spots as far south as Hartford. But this is with a commercial grade antenna on the car, on "the good hills"., where I spend my time in CT.

P25, you will need a Beam, as Bill said.

Thanks for the info. The Mt. Tom site works good.

coolrich55

Every so often I can get a faint signal from a central mass site from Griswold CT with just the 800 MHz ducky on my psr500. Just enough to decode the system but not good enough to listen too. I suppose if I tried a better antenna it may work.

ecps92

or an 800 Beam, aimed at that particular site

Every so often I can get a faint signal from a central mass site from Griswold CT with just the 800 MHz ducky on my psr500. Just enough to decode the system but not good enough to listen too. I suppose if I tried a better antenna it may work.

Status
Not open for further replies.