Scannermaster shipping notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
I ordered an antenna a couple days ago. The page says it has shipped but the tracking only ever states (shipping label created). I have never ordered from them before. Are these guys usually slow?

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
Ordered some stuff from them last week. They use USPS, so sometimes the postal service is slow to update tracking. I did receive my stuff in a reasonable amount of time, though. If you like, I can dig through my email and find out how long it took.

Last edited:

marksmith

I ordered from them yesterday and paid extra $5 for UPS instead of USPO for this reason. The people at scannermaster are great. USPO not so much. I think I remember stuff coming pretty quick even USPO, I think before their system caught up with the tracking.

BCD536HP/HP2/996XT/PSR800/396XT/996T

mancow

Database Admin
I selected USPS. I usually have really good luck with them and it helps that they have Saturday delivery but this order just seems stalled. All it says is January 22, 2015 , 7:30 am
Shipping Label Created
HOLLISTON, MA 01746

mitbr

I selected USPS. I usually have really good luck with them and it helps that they have Saturday delivery but this order just seems stalled. All it says is January 22, 2015 , 7:30 am
Shipping Label Created
HOLLISTON, MA 01746

Allot of Scannermaster antennas are drop shipped I ordered an antenna from them awhile back cancelled the order within 24hrs then it arrived on my doorstep drop shipped. Had to call numerous times to get credit on my account and was billed for shipping even though I cancelled the order.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

Ordered a soft leather case from scannermaster on Jan 22. Case was shipped on Jan 26. Checking the usps tracking number provided by scannermaster, I was supposed to recieve package today. However, the package is in CA, not Delaware. I don't know how you can mistake CA for DE, but I won't get my package today. Is the usps at fault, or scannermaster providing wrong tracking number?

mancow

Database Admin
They didn't even ship mine for two days. Once it started tracking it was a day behind. It said it was supposed to have been here yesterday but is out for delivery just now.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I know my situation doesn't apply to the OP's issue but I'll share it anyway.

I ordered a 536 from Scanner Master on the 8th of this month, and it was shipped out same day. They only offer Canadians USPS regular or USPS express. Not sure why UPS isn't an option. The package was in New York by the 10th and across the border by the 11th into Toronto where it sat for customs inspection.

A tidbit that some international shippers/receivers may not know: the USPS tracking number can be plugged into both the USPS tracking form and the Canada Post tracking form to get updates. Typically, when it's in the opposite country (Canada in the case of the USPS, and USA in case of Canada Post), all you get is the high points, like "package mailed in originating country", "package departing originating country for Canada", etc. This is what I saw when the package was in USPS's hands.

When it got released from Canada customs into Canada Post's grip, updates on the Canadian side stopped. This is not normal behavior - normally the updates continue right on into my mailbox. On the USPS site, I even got "package arrived in destination city", and then "delivery attempt made - held for pickup". But it wasn't at my post office at that point, and Canada Post's website said that "this package does not qualify for tracking information". Calling Canada Post wouldn't help, either, because if you're not the shipper, they don't care about you. Scanner Master would have had to initiate a trace to find the item, not me.

I kept diligently checking with the post office and eventually found the item on the 19th, five days after the USPS tracking said a delivery attempt had been made. There was no indication of why it was delayed or for what reason. The customs documents state it hadn't been opened, so it's not like it was held up there. It may have gotten misplaced on a truck or in a back room. The radio was in new condition, so it wasn't like it got taken out and played with (which I've had happen with other products I've sent thru the mail before).

I place 100% of the blame on Canada Post on this one, and it's another reason I wish vendors would consider allowing for courier services to all destinations. If I'm willing to spend the extra $ to have it shipped UPS, and you clearly have a UPS account already, I don't understand what the downside is.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

Contacted scannermaster. It seems a shipping clerk was on vacation and I was sent the wrong usps tracking number. I was given the correct one. What I don't know yet is will I get the item I ordered or the item the person in Stockton CA ordered. I am hoping for the best. :)

mancow

Database Admin
My order must have got buried in a snow drift. It says it departed Nashua, NH on the 27th and that's all it ever says.

Status
Not open for further replies.