DMRDecode .JAR File

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Hi there,

I'm running Mint 1.17 and I can't seem to properly download DMRDecode. Every time I download either the .ZIP file or SVN checkout via svn co, the .JAR file is nowhere to be found. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

-Nate

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Update: It appears the JAR version is only available at http://borg.shef.ac.uk/dmrdecode/, but that site is currently down.

Does anyone have "relatively simple" instructions to compile a usable .JAR file from the source repository?

From src/com/dmr I created a "build" folder and ran "javac -d ./build *.java", but I got the following error:

DMRDataDecode.java:169: error: unmappable character for encoding UTF8
// Rate � Data Continuation

Last edited:

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Okay now I can run dmrdecode, but I have a new issue. Somehow I need to pipe audio from gqrx or rtl_fm to dmrdecode (in Mint 1.17). With DSD I use UDP mode. I haven't yet figured out how to use Pulse Audio with any DSD programs...

Last edited:

ekcole

I am trying to also send the audio from gqrx to dmrdecode in Linux. Did you ever get this to work?

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to also send the audio from gqrx to dmrdecode in Linux. Did you ever get this to work?

No I gave up and used dmrdecode with SDR# in windows (dual-boot Windows 7 & linux). I would *think* there should be some type of solution in Linux, I will try and mess with it sometime this evening. Incidentally, if you are interested in DMR monitoring you basically *have* to use windows programs, most particularly DSD+. There is no linux equivalent of DSD+. So, for DMR monitoring you should seriously consider setting up a dual-boot machine or separate windows machine.

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Just stating the obvious, but DMRDecode is very outdated nowadays compared to the info provided by DSDPlus. Have some fond memories contributing to DMRd though! It was cutting edge when Ian whipped that together.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Just stating the obvious, but DMRDecode is very outdated nowadays compared to the info provided by DSDPlus. Have some fond memories contributing to DMRd though! It was cutting edge when Ian whipped that together.

Does DMRDecode still display some voice frame data, which DSD+ doesn't display?

Status
Not open for further replies.