• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Does anyone know what the latest CPS version is for the HT 1250?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agoow

I just want to know what the latest release is of the Motorola CPS software for the HT 1250?

What code-plug I should use?
What Firmware version should I be using for the HT 1250?

I have CPS but older version, I just want to know if anyone has feedback or info on the latest and greatest to use? I have to re-program about 150 portables and I want to use the right stuff.

Thanks

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I just want to know what the latest release is of the Motorola CPS software for the HT 1250?

What code-plug I should use?
What Firmware version should I be using for the HT 1250?

I have CPS but older version, I just want to know if anyone has feedback or info on the latest and greatest to use? I have to re-program about 150 portables and I want to use the right stuff.

Thanks
Deja vu. We just had this EXACT discussion a week ago. http://forums.radioreference.com/mo...fessional-cps-versions.html?highlight=version

com501

Why would someone use search when its just as easy to post the same question over and over and over and........

cabletech

Firmware should be just fine in that radio unless it is not working correctly.

As for code plug, that is like saying "what frequency's do I put in".

The code plug is up to what you are doing. Read the read first, this will down load the current code information to the program. I would then save that information for back up.

Now go into the personality list and make changes to your needs and then save that then load to radio. DONE.

agoow

Thank you for all the help and info. I managed to get my hands on 6.12.09 CPS.

My radio says Firmware Version: R05.18.01

Codeplug Version: Original 04.00 Latest 01.00

Now the issue I notice is when I listen to our Police desk I hear a re-occurring sound in the background (like interference). Some channels do it and some don't. I am just trying to make sure the radio is on the latest codeplug / firmware version.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should troubleshoot? It's a brand new radio HT 1250
UHF 450.000 - 527.000

33kracing

I'm no smart guy... But I think what your hearing is the sub-audible pl tone in the background of your radio. I know that if your radio system has been narrowbanded, this should go away. I know my local pd sure did, and they use 127.3 and you can def tell the difference. Hope this helps, happy scanning!!

com501

Perhaps you should learn a little more about radio before assuming their is a problem with your radio? How about a nice ETA certified course for starters?

Status
Not open for further replies.