static scrambling noise motorola

Status
Not open for further replies.

adymoe

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, I have a BCD996XT and I stream my local police on Motorola Type ll Smartzone. Im from Ontario, Canada so the system is Bell Fleetnet. Its difficult to explain but one issue I have been experiencing makes me wonder if I need a new antenna. Radio traffic comes in fairly clear for the most part but there are some days when they transmit their radios and I hear a loud static noise for about 3 seconds immediately followed by a scrambling noise for 5-10 seconds. I know that during this scrambling noise they are actually talking but my scanner is not picking it up clearly. As soon as I crank my squelch up it stops. Why is it that randomly It does this? I have the stock antenna indoors, by connecting an outdoor band specific antenna, would it fix this issue? Its very frustrating when you cant hear everything they are saying!

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Welcome to the world of encryption.

You could try programming their pl/dcs code in, which might block the noise but it's NOT going to allow you to listen unless they are in the clear.

n9zas

adymoe

Premium Subscriber
Its definetely not encryption. Im pretty sure that they arent going to encrypt random words that they say like 10-4, etc... remember that it only goes static like this during 5% of their transmitting time

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
Individual words or parts of sentences are not encrypted. Encryption is all or none. It could be you have some external interference taking place.
BB

Status
Not open for further replies.