need recommendations for good used analog scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

FKimble

I'm looking to buy an older, used, an hopefully cheap analog scanner to use to scan local ham freqs. Seems my ham radio just doesn't scan fast enough when I put in more than a couple freqs. I either miss the call altogether or just get the last couple letters. And people seem to start talking and pushing the ptt at the same time to compound the problem. Also will use it to connect to the PC to record some nets so I can play it back so folks can hear how good or bad they sound. Seems no one wants to tell a guy he can barely be hear over the noise on his end. So a good analog scanner, prefer a handheld, with an audio out(speaker or headpfones), both battery & AC powered, bnc antenna connection. .And one with a few years of service left. Wouldn't turn down a newer digital one if the price was right, it should last a little longer. I know nothing about scanners so any other advice would be appreciated. I did read thru a lot of the older threads but most were about the newer features and scanners. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
You can find a GRE PSR-410 in the classified section under base section for $150.00 shipped this will record through win500 to the pc on a per channel setup so scanner, software, and programming cable should put you in the just over $200.00 mark for your project. Also the win500 allows remote connection and control of the scanner over the internet or network in your home.

FKimble

Thanks buddrousa but thats a lot more $$$ than I was looking to spend. I will add it to my list of radios to be on the look out for in case I find one in my price range. Thank you sir.

Nasby

The PRO-95 or PRO-97 come to mind.

Good scanners with Alpha tags, computer programming and in to $40-$80 price range.

cabletech

Working on an estate sell. Have 2 older Radio Shack Pro 2052 trunking scanners. I have not had the change to do a complete operation check of them, but I know that they were working.

You can have either one or both for $80.00 each plus shipping.

cabletech03@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.