Digital Trunk Tracking Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteEgret

Hello folks hoping that you all can help me understand a few things regarding digital trunk tracking.
The system I am trying to follow is the following:

Nassau County Florida System Type Project 25 phase 1 System Voice APCO-25
Red (c) are primary control channels | Blue (a) are alternate control channels | Site Map(s): FCC Callsigns RR Locations

RFSS Site
Name Freqs
1 (1) 001 (1) Simulcast
854.58750 855.71250 856.48750 857.26250c 857.48750a

I am using x2 nooelect R820T SDR & DVB-T NESDR MINI DONGLES.
I have been following the guide provided at rtl-sdr for trunking. First dongle is set to the alternate control channel since this is the only one I am able to pick up. However for dongle #2 the I hear nothing but static no voice whatsoever.
So here’s my questions:
(1) I noticed that following the control channel I am able to see ID but not text from those ID’s are being decoded. So does this mean I need to use another software to decode that information? Or does it mean that I need to try to get the main primary channel opposed to the alternate?

(2) For this system in order to hear audio do I have to do the DSDDECODE and virtual audio?

rosecitytransit

Feed Provider
Regarding #1, the text labels doesn't come from the system like the IDs do. You have to add them yourself or import them.

For #2, yes as digital audio comes across as data and not voice.

SCPD

QRT
(2) For this system in order to hear audio do I have to do the DSDDECODE and virtual audio?
You can use a separate scanner that decodes P25 audio and accepts computer control - or use a third party software decoder. There is a program called DMRDecode but it does not decode voice. However, programs like DSD and DSD+ can do this. Yes, you generally pipe the audio through a virtual audio cable (like VAC or VBCable) to the third party decoding program.

Status
Not open for further replies.