Just got a PRO 97 for $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirayge

Decatur, IL but my heart is from Bugtussle
I never meant to start acquiring a scanner collection like this. The wife and I were at the same flea market where I picked up a PRO 106 with RS power adapter for $50 back in the summer. There at a table was this ratty looking thing with no rubber on the antenna, just a few loose scraps of foam on the coiled wire, and leaking alkalines in the battery tray. My mind flipped back and forth between, "She'll kill me," and, "What can I do with this?" I finally decided it would make a fine rail and air scanner as the 106 is dedicated to the Illinois Starcom digital P25 system. It cleaned up just fine with the standard antenna from the 106 and some vinegar in the battery tray.

PACNWDude

For $5 you can't leave it there. Even for parts it would have been worth it. Good find there.

Tokyoblue

Pro 97

Good morning,
Good find at 5 dollars!!! My Pro 97 out of the clear blue stopped picking up any 800Mhz freqs.
Can only pickup the weather freqs. Any suggestions? Maybe Trim Pot needs adjusted like I did on my Pro 95.

N8IAA

Good morning,
Good find at 5 dollars!!! My Pro 97 out of the clear blue stopped picking up any 800Mhz freqs.
Can only pickup the weather freqs. Any suggestions? Maybe Trim Pot needs adjusted like I did on my Pro 95.

Maybe rebanding on the system you are monitoring? The 97 won't do rebanded systems. Even with programming software. But, your question is off topic.
Larry

Tokyoblue

Pro 97

Good morning,
Thanks for the reply.My PRO 95 picks up 800 Mhz freqs with no problem.
The Pro 97 is newer.That s why I am scratching my head on this one.

safetyobc

I have always liked the Pro-97. I've owned a couple of them. They are excellent air band scanners. I don't have one anymore but they are good radios.

mikepdx

Word to the wise.
Keep your eyes open at thrift stores, flea markets, etc.

I found a working Pro-96 less antenna in a box
full of TV remotes. It was marked $8.

I already have P25 scanners, so
I sold it for the going price at fleabay
and bought a new 2M mobile with the cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.