• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Visar - No Rx/Tx after programming- Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertCat

Hi,
I had purchased 2 used visar handsets on eBay with working Rx/Tx with only 2 channels programmed into them, I don't know the frequencies, but all you could do is navigate from 1 to 2 (2 channels).

I handed them to a local lab to program 6 Channels into them, lab succeeded to program 16 Channels...

The issue now is you can scroll between the channels but no Rx/Tx, Lab say it's faulty and do not have spare parts to fix it.

H05SDD9AA4DN - 16-Frequency, 2-Character Top Display, 4- to 1-Watt, 450 - 520MHz
H05SDH9AA7AN - 16-Frequency, 2-Character Top Display, 4- to 1-Watt, 450 - 520MHz, 3 x 4 Keypad

I suspect that there is something wrong with the programming, but I cannot tell without professional equipment.
Are there any basic test I can do having some kind of idea what is wrong?
Are these models repairable due of rear spare parts?

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Do they BONK when you try to transmit? IF so they left the units as RX only.
Honestly with out knowing what they programmed or did to them its hard to tell if its hardware or software related.

DesertCat

Only short beep when you turn on
You can scroll between 16 programmed channels
No sound is heard when pressing the PTT
No red led on transmit or receive

SCPD

QRT
Chit Chat

Reading the OP, sounds like the radios were talking before they got re-programmed.

If that's the case, you need to hand them right back, pretty plain they messed up programming new freqs into the radio.
Have them to put the original codeplug back in and see if the radios work.
This "local lab" didn't key up the radios and do a "hello radio hello test" back and forth before they gave back them to you? hmmm.

Last edited:

cmdrwill

This "local lab" didn't key up the radios and do a "hello radio hello test" back and forth before they gave back them to you? hmmm.

I hate it when some so-called "local lab" does that..

We ALWAYS check the radio after programming on the service monitor. Licensee's are required to have radios checked.

DesertCat

The "local Lab" here is very big they rent hundreds of radios to customers, but as I can see it they don't like to handle "old" devices, they rather sell new ones to customers.

I had returned the radios back for programming, and emphasize the fact they DID have Rx/Tx BEFORE it was programmed with 16 channels.

Since I had asked for the 446... range they said it's out of range and probably will not work, reading the batlabs, there is no issue with this kind of tiny "out-of-band".

More then that, I have more Visar with the same "out-of-band" working like charm, programmed by the same lab.

I wonder what happened this time.
BTY, on one of them while you press the PTT, the red LED is flashing rapidly, but no Rx/Tx.

Status
Not open for further replies.