Pro 97 not picking up any 800MHZ Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokyoblue

First of all I wish to apologize for posting a question on a already posted thread.
My fault.Okay..here we go..my PRO 97 no longer picks up any 800 Freqs at all.
My Pro 95 picks them up just fine.Any ideas?

Last edited:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
You don't list in your profile or in the message to show where you are and so we could then see what is in your area on 800.
The pro 97 is not a digital trunking IV - apco 25 (P25) scanner, so if by chance your trying to tune in digital P25 signals, that radio won't do it. Now if your trying to get system(s) in your area that use the Motorola Type II trunking , LTR or EDACS then it would work.

Here are the specs for it http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Pro-97

Tokyoblue

Pro 97

I am sorry..I live in the Columbus, Ohio area.My Pro 95 pulls in the 800 Freqs fine.
Just one day the Pro 97 just stopped..thanks everyone for the tips.I am thinking maybe it has
drifted off and needs re tuned via the TP1 location.I will check out all possibilities.

Voyager

Trunked or conventional? If trunked, did you update the programming when MARCS rebanded?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-97 800 MHz

I'm sorry if these questions have already been asked.

- There's a difference between "not picking up at all" vs not trunk tracking. When you say not picking up at all, that to me means you have the scanner in MAN mode, parked on a frequency which the PRO-95 is parked on, and the '95 receives and the '97 doesn't.

- I am assuming it works on other bands. Checking Wx should be first.

These scanners have multiple front ends and it is possible to have killed 800 MHz and not VHF for example. Explaining exactly what the problem is essential to understanding the underlying issue.

Tokyoblue

Pro 97

You hit it right on the head..my PRO 95 is sitting right next to my PRO 97..same freq..nothing but static.
Weather channels come in fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.