Duplicate Zone 4 Tower Control Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio

Premium Subscriber
RR DB shows Tower 418 Mt Pittsburg and Tower 420 Badger Mt share the same control channel of 853.73750. Both are shown in RED as the current control channel. Is it possible for both to share the same control channel? Can anyone verify this, please? Thanks

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like it's a simulcast system. Macomb County, Michigan has nine tower sites on the same CC frequency!

dw2872

From someone who lives here, it is NOT a simulcast system. They are just not close enough to interfere with each other. Lots of places have simulcast sites/systems. This one is not the case.

dw2872

Pittsburg is on one side of Cheyenne Mtn and Pikes Peak while Badger is on the far other side. Big mountains block them from each other and from users on the other site.

radio

Premium Subscriber
I was setting up multi site systems for my new 396XT and 996XT radios and noticed the same control channels. Yes I looked at the map seeing that Mt Pittsburg is down south off Hwy 115 and Badger Mt is off Hwy 24 in Park Co. I thought about the mountains in between too. Looking further, by my count, 5 frequencies are common to both towers. Furthermore they are not even neighbors. I was looking for some other thoughts on that issue. Thanks for the responses

Toneslider12

A suburban location near a metropolitan area
Last month CCNC was looking into some interference on the Park County Sheriff Dispatch talk group with Pueblo Fire Dispatch tailing on their transmissions. I'm not 100% sure which sites were involved but it may have been these and as I recall the NAC had to be changed.

dw2872

Last month CCNC was looking into some interference on the Park County Sheriff Dispatch talk group with Pueblo Fire Dispatch tailing on their transmissions. I'm not 100% sure which sites were involved but it may have been these and as I recall the NAC had to be changed.

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

It didn't happen because of either of these two sites though. All Pueblo City and County TGs as well as Park County TGs are denied on all Zone-4 sites.

The problem may have been Cheyenne Mt, a previously Zone-1 site that changed over to Zone-6 recently and carries both Park and Pueblo County traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.