Going to Toledo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ak4fn

I will be traveling up I-75 from KY going to Toledo this weekend and was wondering if I should be programming Ohio MARCS or Ohio MARCS-IP. I know they are transitioning to MARCS-IP but was wondering if all the counties/agencies have made it to the new system or not? Also if any one has any tips on programming a bcd396xt systems/sites quick keys recommendations that would be great. I plan on just using freescan to upload a whole new premade config once I get in Ohio so I will all 100 quick keys to just use in Ohio. Thanks!

phask

Premium Subscriber
OSP - State Patrol is still on Marcs

Locals still vary. MARCS IP, MARCS UHF, VHF, local system

OSP Plane speed patrol is on Tac MARCS - ENC .

ODOT is all IP

No GPS I Presume

You could probably overlap a 20-40 mile section without too much slowdown. Never going to be perfect. I used to do it with a 996 mobile - but know just use a HP2 and GPS - and custom lists . Hey, I'm old & lazy.

I will be traveling up I-75 from KY going to Toledo this weekend and was wondering if I should be programming Ohio MARCS or Ohio MARCS-IP. I know they are transitioning to MARCS-IP but was wondering if all the counties/agencies have made it to the new system or not? Also if any one has any tips on programming a bcd396xt systems/sites quick keys recommendations that would be great. I plan on just using freescan to upload a whole new premade config once I get in Ohio so I will all 100 quick keys to just use in Ohio. Thanks!

ak4fn

OSP - State Patrol is still on Marcs

Locals still vary. MARCS IP, MARCS UHF, VHF, local system

OSP Plane speed patrol is on Tac MARCS - ENC .

ODOT is all IP

No GPS I Presume

You could probably overlap a 20-40 mile section without too much slowdown. Never going to be perfect. I used to do it with a 996 mobile - but know just use a HP2 and GPS - and custom lists . Hey, I'm old & lazy.

No GPS yet! Boy I sure was hoping they all made it to the new system! Sure would have made it much simpler!

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The database pages for those two systems indicate which counties/agencies are on which system.

This is when a HP scanner comes in handy. I traveled all over Ohio over the holidays and my HP-2 worked great, and I didn't have to program anything in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.