When I record with my 536 and then play back will I get the display too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roveer

In an effort to identify my town's Radio ID's I was thinking I would set my 536 to record but was wondering if when I play back the recordings will the display show the RID's that were recorded or is it just going to be the audio?

Roveer

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I know that when my 436 hp I can use the user recording feature on the scanner. Then cut and paste the folders into another folder on the desktop .

Then I use the scan play and log program that was created by fellow member TROYMAIL. Once it logged all the audio files in the folder. I copy and paste log into a spread sheet.

I get rid of all the dups and any ids that I have already logged. Then import them into the spread sheet after I have ID'd them.

If live in Missouri and are logging the MOSWIN. I would like any files from your logging event.

Please send them in a spread sheet in the form of a csv or xls format. Please send them to fullerdavid63601@gmail.com

Thanks.

Steve2003

RadioIDs are captured whenever you use the built-in recording function on the scanner. If you play back the recordings on the scanner itself you will see the RIDs (3-line display mode has to be off on the 536 or RadioID mode on on the 436).

The recording information (RadioID, talkgroup, etc) is actually saved in the wav file headers for each recording. There is also a good program mentioned in the forums a while back that will process all your wav recordings and display everything in Excel. The forum thread on it can be found here:
http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-software-discussion/286454-free-software-bcdx36hp-wav-header-reader.html

(I have issues getting the file to work unless I do a File=> Save As each time I open it).

-Steve

Voyager

In an effort to identify my town's Radio ID's I was thinking I would set my 536 to record but was wondering if when I play back the recordings will the display show the RID's that were recorded or is it just going to be the audio?

Roveer

FL / System / Department / TG/freq / RIDs or tone/code found - all shown.

Roveer

Thanks for the replies. With the software mentioned it will make thing even easier than I thought.

Roveer

Status
Not open for further replies.