Whistler WS1095 Pre-Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
Thanks for the headsup. I just placed an order so I guess we'll see what happens.

Last edited:

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Is it actually in stock or is it more for preorders? There is this little line located on the webpage.

Whistler WS1095 to Launch in Early 2015.

The WS1095 is expected in the first quarter of 2015 and we will post any new information around launch date here. If you'd like to preorder a WS1095 or be emailed when launch date is released email us. Price is speculative - we will announce pricing one we receive.

mancow

Database Admin
It says in stock and the order went through with no indication there is a stock delay. I hope it's physically there.

marksmith

Zipscanner says they have it in stock.

Your welcome Mancow. Let us know. I may order one the end of the week.
Just looked at the website. The language about preorder doesn't seem to be there. It was supposed to premier on Amazon. Let us know what happens. Seems to be a month or so early based on what they said at the electronics show a couple weeks ago. Universal Radio also still in "not yet approved by FCC" mode. Zipscanners might be right on the ball and got them first, or they are going to take 2 months to ship.

BCD536HP/HP2/996XT/PSR800/396XT/996T

marksmith

The pre order language is still there. I just didn't look in the right place. So its order now and shipping in 2 months.

mancow

Database Admin
I'm not very optimistic that it's actually in stock. I was going to get one regardless so I suppose it all pans out the same whatever happens.

mancow

Database Admin
Ah, yea after reading closer it does appear to be a preorder. Oh well. I'm going back to bed. :(

baayers

For those considering the purchase It sounds like a phone call is in order to get clarification. The phone number listed under the contact page goes directly to Luke who is the owner of zip scanners. When I have called him in the past with questions he has always been very quick to get back to me with answers.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
WS 1095

I see the face is removable but is that for security or can it be remote mounted? Given the interiors on many new vehicles, there's no place to mount a full size scanner like that easily... Can someone clarify?

marksmith

Thats sort of what I expected from zipscanners. When it does become available I hope it sells like hotcakes and Whistler does well with it and the rest of the line.

They deserve it from the hobbyists who would be down to one source without them. I also think it has been a very well made line while GRE had it and have no reason to believe thats not going to continue under Whistler.

Recently got the Whistler-made pro-652 from Radio Shack (same as the pro-197 only made by Whistler.)
I like the radio. Have a GRE PSR-800 and look forward to owning a WS-1095.

Yes... to the previous question...I believe the removable magnetic face is so that it can be creatively installed in a vehicle. Looks like you need to get a cable to make the connection. It's not wireless.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
WS1095

For those considering the purchase It sounds like a phone call is in order to get clarification. The phone number listed under the contact page goes directly to Luke who is the owner of zip scanners. When I have called him in the past with questions he has always been very quick to get back to me with answers.

I REALLY like this feature- and would buy it exactly to mount the head in my car. :)

TES

I see the face is removable but is that for security or can it be remote mounted? Given the interiors on many new vehicles, there's no place to mount a full size scanner like that easily... Can someone clarify?

Don Starr (StarrSoft.com), the acknowledged expert on all things GRE—and now likely Whistler Scanners—has provided information beginning with the fifty-third post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.