• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-8180HK2 Programming Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colton25

Today i noticed that my KPG89D software will only program the TK-8180 450-520MHZ radio. When i try to change the model frequency range to program the 400-470 version it won't let me. Do i need a different software to program the 400-470 version of the TK-8180?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
The software won't let you change, or it won't talk to the radio?

KPG-89DN version 1.61 is the latest version

If your radio is an MPT version, you'll need different software:
KPG-96DN version 3.30 is the latest version.

Colton25

I don't have that radio yet to see if it will communicate, i'm just trying to find out if i will need a different software if i purchase this radio. It only gives me one option for the frequency range.

The software won't let you change, or it won't talk to the radio?

KPG-89DN version 1.61 is the latest version

If your radio is an MPT version, you'll need different software:
KPG-96DN version 3.30 is the latest version.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-27 at 10.01.28 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-01-27 at 10.01.28 AM.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 555

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Not sure why it's doing that. I am on my Mac laptop right now, and I've opened up Kenwood software using VirtualBox.
You might want to try it on a real PC and see if it behaves the same way.

I don't have KPG-89 available right now, so I can't test it myself.

Colton25

yeah i opened it on the pc and it's doing the same. Do you think my software is out of date? How can i tell which version i have?

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
That's it. Initially the 8180 was only offered in one UHF bandsplit hence the single selection. Upgrade is in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.