RadioReference Web Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcat246tscanner

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD396XT scanner and have a Premium account with RadioReference and bcTools + Professional software. How do you access the RR Web Service to download directly to the scanner?
I'm trying to download Harris County Sheriff's Department and Houston Police Department P25 Phase II and when I select to import from my RR account bcTools goes to RR and Harris County but doesn't give me the option to download directly to the scanner and the csv files I download it opens my Excel program.
What am I doing wrong?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Web Service

The scanner you listed does not receive phase 2. If the system has made the switch, there are no frequencies to download that you can monitor.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Thread moved to Scanner Programming Software forum.

Even if the system is Phase II, it still should be downloadable. A BCD396XT will follow the system fine. It just won't pass audio on any of the tdma talkgroups.

The system shows a bunch of Phase I talkgroups for Harris County Sheriff's Office so he should be able to listen to it.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thread moved to Scanner Programming Software forum.

Even if the system is Phase II, it still should be downloadable. A BCD396XT will follow the system fine. It just won't pass audio on any of the tdma talkgroups.

The system shows a bunch of Phase I talkgroups for Harris County Sheriff's Office so he should be able to listen to it.
Harris County is Phase I, Houston Police & Fire are using Phase II talkgroups, which cannot be monitored with the 396XT, as already noted. However, Houston has a limited number of talkgroups that are simulcast in Phase I which the 396XT can decode. See this Wiki page for the TGID's involved, as well as which layer to utilize: Houston Police and Fire P25 - The RadioReference Wiki

FreeSCAN should download the system for you if BCTools will not. I ran into a similar situation on a different system (in the Radio Shack forum). The system in question was tagged as "Phase II", but all talkgroups listed are Phase I (Mode D). PSREdit500 would not download the system, but WIN500 would. (Obviously, that is for the Object Oriented, GRE designed scanners, not the DMA Uniden ones like the OP has here.)

Status
Not open for further replies.