Vehicle Chase on 1-27-2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhalld38

Did anyone hear the vehicle chase that Boone County was chasing a vehicle doing over 100 mph that was wanted for aggravated something I forgot what they said was the charges. But Boone County was calling the pursuit on TGID 1376 that went up to Rockton, IL and then back towards Rockford,IL. in the county. My friend tried to pick it up on his PSR-500, I was listening to the chase on my BCD436HP and he could not hear the chase on the Boone Couny channel for some reason. He has the talk group in his radio and I believe the control channel. Boone County did not go to Stacom phase II do they? Also did they lose the vehicle that they were chasing?

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Vehicle Chase on 1/27/2015

I talked to my Sister today in Northern Boone County. She told me the Police were chasing someone last night. Here's the story in the Rockford paper. Boone County cops pursue car into, around Winnebago County - News - Rockford Register Star - Rockford, IL

WREX TV or any of the stations usually have breaking news on their websites. I have all Belvidere and Boone County frequencies in my WS1080 and Pro96. 1376 IS the Boone Law-1 channel. They do have an encrypted channel/talk group for the county though. The Radio Reference website database has them all under the Starcom21 Boone county IL talk group listings. I go to Rockford/Belvidere to visit and always take my scanner. I was in Bevidere for 4th of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas and heard everything on Starcom 21. Starcom21 was always listed as a Phase 1 system but now it says Phase 2 on the RRef data base. Did that change recently? I don't know. I still hear everything on my Pro96 which isn't Phase II capable so I don't think Boone County changed anything. In northern Boone County or N.E. Winnebago? I get the Beloit WI Starcom21 tower in better than Boone County's or Winnebago's Towers. THAT Beloit tower is listed in Starcom21 SITES having Those frequencies/control channels programmed into the scanner is another option. Besides the Starcom21 Talk groups Belvidere city is still using 154.77000 -WPJS459 -M 156.7 PL Belv Police3 -- I heard them on 11/27/2014 and 12/25/2014 doing crowd control at Walmart and ShopKo for people lining up for after Thanksgiving shopping that night and on Christmas night just talking about sports on the side channel on my way home.

Last edited by a moderator:

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
True. Boone County pot holes should have eaten it up too. Police didn't even need stop-sticks.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Boone County is still Phase 1. listen all day at work with my trusty 396t.

Must have been a serious thing, Belvidere/Boone have a fairly strict no-chase policy now a days.

rhalld38

I remember hearing something about Aggravated driving or something like that and maybe since they were not chasing that vehicle in the city but in the county that could be the reason why they gave chase. I wish I would have recorded it.

Status
Not open for further replies.