PRO-651 very faint headphone static/hiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

garikfox

I just got a new PRO-651 and when i plugged in some earbuds it has very quiet static hiss sound.

Does anyone else notice this ?

garikfox

ATT is off, I read that it is from the audio amplifier always being on, i have no idea though, even with volume all way down i can still hear it barely though

garikfox

I have no idea hehee.

Well anyway im gonna take back my PRO-651, I dont like the hiss its making on headphones, It is very quiet but still I think something that cost this much should not be doing this.

grumpy_hermit

I have no idea hehee.

Well anyway im gonna take back my PRO-651, I dont like the hiss its making on headphones, It is very quiet but still I think something that cost this much should not be doing this.

With the headphones unplugged, do you hear the same faint hiss from the speaker? You will have to get up close to notice it. If so, I think it is normal because all of my GRE/RS scanners do it.

tumegpc

I just tested mine with some headphones and I don't here much of a constant hiss. I did turn mine up to about 1/2 way and I can hear a tiny amount of internal generated noise.This is normal with most devices that amplifies an audio signal.

garikfox

I just tested mine with some headphones and I don't here much of a constant hiss. I did turn mine up to about 1/2 way and I can hear a tiny amount of internal generated noise.This is normal with most devices that amplifies an audio signal.

The hiss on mine is very quiet, the volume of the hiss is the same with volume up some or down, even when receiving it still in the background. I dont hear it from the speaker when i unplug the headphones though.

majoco

Stirrer
Earbuds are VERY sensitive and very close to your ear - you are picking up the very slight noise that the audio amplifier makes. Volume control makes no difference, the noise is being generated after the volume control. I imagine you only have to crack the volume control open for the received signals to be too loud. Try a proper pair of head phones that are less sensitive.

garikfox

Yes your correct it is the audio amplifier.

I returned my PRO-651 and got a PRO-652 and it does the same exact thing, I guess I can live with it I was more worried about it being a defect so now I see it isnt so im happy now, Thanks all :)

jfhtm350

I have noticed on my scanners that I can plug in stereo headhones and they sound perfect. When I hook a set of stereo amplified computer speakers up to the headphone jack I can hear an annoying hum. But when I use a mono to stereo adapter it goes away. Never figured that one out.

Try a mono to stereo adapter with the mono male plug going into the headphone jack. That may fix your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.