Dropped it 1 too many times... Pro106

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlouisx50

So I have dropped my pro106, 1 too many times. It no longer would recieve or stop on any freq. I was so mad that it was broke, I threw it again. This time I could get the NWS and a few Vhf freq fine, but the P25 and a few utf will come across but the audio is very very low or sounds like the decode is raw data, other times it works fine.

I have been holding out on buying a new unit but now I'm pretty much in a tough spot. Is there anything new to be released this year? I am not really a fan of the home Patrol, I feel that its a horrible idea to trust that you will receive a frequency that isn't automatically in the system.

Any suggestions appreciated.

R

retiredmich

Sorry to hear about your 106. If your going to throw it a way, i'll take off your hands, I will pay the S&H to ship it to me. I got 2 106's & I am looking for parts. You might try EBAY to see what's on there & BID on used & or new. Let me know about the 106 ? Thanks

RDGDigital

The only new scanner that is coming out soon that I'm aware of is the Whistler WS1095. But that model is a mobile/base unit and not a portable like the PRO-106. Radio Shack now sells the PRO-651 which is a newer version of the PRO-106 and functions identical to it. And with all the trouble Radio Shack is having, many people are finding them at stores preparing to close for as much as 50% off.

stlouisx50

Ty for the reply. I believe I have narrowed it down to a newer HH. The home patrol to looks nice but its not very portable. I like the Whistler Ws1080 but I don't like the fact that it does not have a Keypad. The Uniden 436 looks nice but I see that there are reception problems with VHF and UHF. Majority of the stations around st. Louis are switching over to digital anyway but it would be nice to be able to pick up some of the further stations. So I'm kind of undecided and stuck deciding. Radio Shack has the 436 for four hundred and fifty one dollars, But you can find the WS 1080 for $419 shipped. Thank you again for the information about the update to the scanner Which would be comparable to the pro 106 but I would like the x2 Tdma ability.

The pro 106 does work if you press down on the LCD display and let go, but Move it the wrong way and you might have to do it again to get reception.

Nasby

If you want/need phase II digital, your choices are limited to just a few models.

marksmith

Only two hh phase 2 radios....the 436, which is based on the home patrol process from Uniden, and the 1080 from Whistler without a keypad.

Both are very good radios.

BCD536HP/HP2/996XT/PSR800/396XT/996T

scosgt

Ty for the reply. I believe I have narrowed it down to a newer HH. The home patrol to looks nice but its not very portable. I like the Whistler Ws1080 but I don't like the fact that it does not have a Keypad. The Uniden 436 looks nice but I see that there are reception problems with VHF and UHF. Majority of the stations around st. Louis are switching over to digital anyway but it would be nice to be able to pick up some of the further stations. So I'm kind of undecided and stuck deciding. Radio Shack has the 436 for four hundred and fifty one dollars, But you can find the WS 1080 for $419 shipped. Thank you again for the information about the update to the scanner Which would be comparable to the pro 106 but I would like the x2 Tdma ability.

The pro 106 does work if you press down on the LCD display and let go, but Move it the wrong way and you might have to do it again to get reception.

That sounds like you just dislodged one of the plugs. Open it up and re-plug everything and I bet it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.