Can someone explain business frequencies.. Trunking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aballworth

Premium Subscriber
Can someone explain what type of system KD45157 is? I do not understand what it all means.. Monsanto for instance, Why does it have 4 different call signs for the same factory. I understand having different frequencies, but shouldn't there be a control frequency because it is trunked?

eg. WQIP865 has 5 different frequencies
WPGV227 has 2
KD45157 has like 10

But it is the same factory. Why have 3 different call signs? What is the control channel. Thank you.

ecps92

There are only 3 Call Signs
License Search Results

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - KD45157 - MONSANTO COMPANY - Frequencies Summary and ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WPGV227 - MONSANTO - Frequencies Summary
are only Base/Mobiles and a Repeater (Not trunked) in multiple modes - some that you can't decode with on ANY scanner without additional software (SDR) 11K2F1E, 7K60FXD, 7K60FXE, 11K2F3E, 11K2F1D

The Trunked System is ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Trunked License - WQIP865 - MONSANTO and likely MotoTRBO based on the 7K70FX mode

Can someone explain what type of system KD45157 is? I do not understand what it all means.. Monsanto for instance, Why does it have 4 different call signs for the same factory. I understand having different frequencies, but shouldn't there be a control frequency because it is trunked?

eg. WQIP865 has 5 different frequencies
WPGV227 has 2
KD45157 has like 10

But it is the same factory. Why have 3 different call signs? What is the control channel. Thank you.

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
As ECPS92 said the first two links are base stations (not repeaters) and mobiles and the last link is for a trunk system. The emission designations is for narrowband FM and MotoTrbo voice and date. Control channel(s) are not identified on the FCC license but are chose by the system designer/installer. MotoTrbo uses a control channel only on Connect Plus systems.
BB

Last edited:

rapidcharger

But it is the same factory. Why have 3 different call signs? Thank you.

A lot of times businesses will change radio systems, different vendors, get coordinated for new frequencies and apply for a new licenses rather than modify existing licenses. You know, this isn't real exciting stuff to an officer manager so when the renewal notices come in, the licenses often get renewed even if they haven't used those frequencies in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.