Harford 700 P25 system online soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm. CMARC is supposed to be for interoperability, and not routine use. Maybe Harford is repurposing its CMARC frequencies/infrastructure to its own system?

Last edited:

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
The new Harford County P25 system will use the CMARC infrastructure in the backend, savings the county a boatload of money

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
This setup sounds similar as to what Virginia Beach did,they used ORION's backbone with their own set of 800 frequencies.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
The Harford County Department of Emergency Services will reach another milestone in its storied history on Wednesday, March 25 with the 911 Center transitions to the new, state-of-the-art 911 Center in the Harford County Government facility on Ady Road in Hickory. The transition of the new 911 Center includes an upgraded and enhanced radio system as well. The new 911 Center will begin operation at 7:00 a.m. Wednesday morning.

Pictures --> https://www.facebook.com/HarfordCoEM

troymail

Silent Key
The Harford County Department of Emergency Services will reach another milestone in its storied history on Wednesday, March 25 with the 911 Center transitions to the new, state-of-the-art 911 Center in the Harford County Government facility on Ady Road in Hickory. The transition of the new 911 Center includes an upgraded and enhanced radio system as well. The new 911 Center will begin operation at 7:00 a.m. Wednesday morning.

Pictures --> https://www.facebook.com/HarfordCoEM

I'll be there! (in the area anyway)

marksmith

Will be listening. Probably will be the most activity this system has seen in a while.

Mark
BCD536HP/HP-1E/HP-2E/BCD996XT/BCD396XT(2)/BCD996T/PSR-800/PRO96+

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I'm curious if the Harford County system will be patched into the Baltimore / Annapolis CMARC site. I sort of doubt that it will - not enough frequency pairs to carry the traffic.

troymail

Silent Key
I'm curious if the Harford County system will be patched into the Baltimore / Annapolis CMARC site. I sort of doubt that it will - not enough frequency pairs to carry the traffic.

Some Harford talkgroups will be carried on the Baltimore/Anne Arundel site to deal with units traveling to Baltimore (i.e. EMS transports to specialty hospitals like Shock Trauma).

BTW - Baltimore appears to have license a bunch more frequencies for CMARC.

troymail

Silent Key
0740 - police transition to the new system is starting. Pro96Com is showing 78 talkgroups on the Harford site already....

0752 - fire transition underway - 83 talkgroups showing so far....

Last edited:

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
10502- Radio Shop/Radio Techs
10503 - Radio Techs/Communications Center
10504 - Coordination of EMS Unit Switching
10505 - Coordination of Unit Hitting Emergency Button on old system
10652 - Coordination of Patches
10661 - Police Dispatch
10662 - Police
10681 -
10528-Fire Tac?

10856 - Med Call
10857 - Med 304
10858 - Med 308

Last edited:

marksmith

Only hearing MSP, Harford Sheriff, and city police departments (Bel Air, Aberdeen, Havre de Grace) on old system.

Seeing the activity in unitrunker (getting enough CC to decode) for CMARC Harford but hearing nothing on scanner down in AA County..

Hear the old system fine. Thought I would hear this too but guess they did better out of county limitation on the CMARC sites than the old Harford County Motorola.

Only peep from the scanner has been the Mutual Aid roll call and I presume that from the AA/Baltimore site. Have not even heard Martin State Airport.

Mark
BCD536HP/HP-1E/HP-2E/BCD996XT/BCD396XT(2)/BCD996T/PSR-800/PRO96+

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
They are disabling all talkgroups on "41" (old system I guess) except for following Talkgroups: North, South, Main, All Town Talkgroups, and MSP.

troymail

Silent Key
Looks like all talkgroups are up and/or patched to the new system. MSP Belair appears to be the last with users making their way over...

Only took about 4 hours once it got going.... Good job everyone!

ms372591

I have a Pro-96 will I be able to listen to the new system or will I need to purchase a new scanner? If I need a new scanner any recommendations?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As this system is on 700 Mhz and uses Phase 2, your 96 won't cut it. I'll let others recommend specific scanners, but these will all copy Phase 2 and are in our wiki (links in blue)

Uniden models

HomePatrol-2 - The RadioReference Wiki

BCD536HP - The RadioReference Wiki

BCD996P2 - The RadioReference Wiki (just released)

BCD325P2 - The RadioReference Wiki (just released)

BCD436HP - The RadioReference Wiki

Radio Shack

Pro-668 - The RadioReference Wiki

Whistler

WS1080 - The RadioReference Wiki

GRE (if you can find one)

PSR-800 - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Looks like all talkgroups are up and/or patched to the new system. MSP Belair appears to be the last with users making their way over...

Only took about 4 hours once it got going.... Good job everyone!

Troy what's the new MSP Belair talkgroup? I need to update the MSP migration wiki...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.