RFGUYS Non-responsive - BEWARE

Status
Not open for further replies.

n7rvn

I am really not sure where to post this in the tavern....

Myself and several others I am acquainted with have been having issues with RFGUYS.

Orders have taken more than nine weeks and still not arrived. A programming cable had a broken pin in it when it arrived, making the cable useless. I personally sent 8 emails to sales@rfguys.com requesting verification information on where to return a cable as the return address is a house in Blaine Washington.

I have had absolutely no reply by email or even a phone call once I offered that as an alternative.

I program radios for others, mostly because I have the software. Anyone I perform this task for is asked to purchase their own programming cables if I do not have the one needed for their particular radio. Once I am done with the programming, they get the radio and cable, hopefully saving it for the next time they want programming done. There are just too many cables to keep track of for all the variations.... I will regularly recommend RFGUYS as a resource for obtaining the cable. Their prices are/were reasonable.

Now, I have four friends who wanted to have radios programmed but they have not arrived, even though they each got emails saying the cables had been shipped. One person has close to $400 in cables that have not arrived in over nine weeks since getting that email. Now, he is also not getting any responses.

The other two have simply given up and found cables (a bit higher priced) just to get their radios programmed. The cables and radios are heading to my shop as I type this......

I believe these cables are being manufactured in British Columbia Canada, just a stone's throw from Blaine, WA. It would make sense that RFGUYS hop over the border and pick them up before shipping, but for some reason, this isn't happening, nor is drop shipping.

There is no phone number listed on their website and I have even dug into trying to reach someone through the ownership of the website domain, but that number has been disconnected.

If nothing else, buyers better beware, based on the recent experiences I and several others have had. It is not cool to take money, and a lot of it, without any sort of action or response to make things right. They used to have a great reputation.

I have to wonder if anyone else is having issues getting their order and in a reasonable time or having issues getting responses to emails. If you are, it would be worthwhile to shout it out everywhere possible so others wont make the same mistake and loose money/time.

Last edited:

rapidcharger

Registrant Name: Andrew Gitt
Registrant Organization: Registered Owner
Registrant Street: PO Box 34536, 1268 Marine Drive
Registrant City: N. Vancouver
Registrant State/Province: BC
Registrant Postal Code: V7P 1T2
Registrant Country: CA
Registrant Phone: +1.6049905131
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Email: ag@teragen.com

^^^ Courtesy of their domain name registrar.

Good luck.
goodluck.gif

Blackink

Consumer Reports might help you.....

From the March 2015 issue of Consumer Reports magazine, page 9:

Fed up with a company's customer service?
Contact Consumer Reports' Problem Solver at: problemsolver@cr.consumer.org

If you send them an email with your concerns, and the efforts you have tried, and with what responses you have received from RFGUYS, I might think Consumer Reports would try and lend a helping hand.

I don't believe you have to be a paid subscriber to their services either for them to look into this problem.

Good Luck

n7rvn

Registrant Name: Andrew Gitt
Registrant Organization: Registered Owner
Registrant Street: PO Box 34536, 1268 Marine Drive
Registrant City: N. Vancouver
Registrant State/Province: BC
Registrant Postal Code: V7P 1T2
Registrant Country: CA
Registrant Phone: +1.6049905131
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Email: ag@teragen.com

^^^ Courtesy of their domain name registrar.

Good luck.
goodluck.gif

We already found that information. Thanks though.

Mr. Gitt owns several domains

rfguys.com
novasyn.com (redirected to rfguys)
tactronic.com redirected to displayinnovation (parked)
sloquet.com dead page (parked)
notebookupgrades.com redirect to displayinnovation
displayinnovation.com dead page (parked)
thinkpadupgrades.com - redirect to laptopupgrades
laptopupgrades.com - dead page (parked)
teragen.com - dead page (parked)
programmingcables.com - redirect to RFguys

The RCMP has been contacted by my friend who has been waiting nine weeks. It seems the Canadian Postal Service gets involved under their mail fraud laws, and they get to handle internet cases like this. I had thought it was weird, but they oversee internet scams, unlike the United States using the FCC and FBI.

They sure do things differently in the north country.

As things develop, I will share here.

Also, for the Moderators, where in the tavern should this be posted? Is it okay to be left here?

n7rvn

I would believe any of those are possible except, some of the people who have ordered from him have received their items promptly, and others have not, all within the past three months. One person ordered last week and received the cable four days later.

As mentioned earlier, his phone numbers are all disconnected.

Last edited:

n7rvn

Thanks for moving the thread..... I think.

I wondered about putting it in Rants or something since it seems like what it is. At the same time, this is a business who several at RR have recommended as a good source for cables yet I know of four besides myself who have had or are having issues.

Maybe we can/should have a category for business sales feedback, somewhat like member sales.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Thanks for moving the thread..... I think.

I wondered about putting it in Rants or something since it seems like what it is. At the same time, this is a business who several at RR have recommended as a good source for cables yet I know of four besides myself who have had or are having issues.

Maybe we can/should have a category for business sales feedback, somewhat like member sales.

I am really sorry to hear of the issues you and others have had. I ordered cables from them and had no issues... How ever, that said, I will no longer recommend buying from them. Between you, and others over at communication.support that have had serious issues receiving their orders I can not in good faith recommend them any longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CapStar362

i recognize three of those names from Ebay. but i don't think they are the same person.

Laptop, thinkpad and notebook upgrades.

all three i have several purchases from, never a problem with those purchases either.

n8wel

Buckeye Toad
Add me to the list of getting ripped off. First order I received the Orion program cable within 7 days from BC and worked well. Ordered another cable and email said shipped next day and 4 weeks and still no cable.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
if you bought through ebay/Paypal, file a claim. I don't play games with businesses/people who think that consumers are in the business of handing out no interest loans to strangers. If I pay and don't hear anything/see any tracking in 7 business days, a dispute is opened. Sure, IT happens, but so do scammers. Enough is enough. It's 2015. Doesn't take much to send an email or pick up the phone.

It's really quite simple. Customers pays, put the damn thing in a box, print a label, and drop it off/have it picked up by one of the shipping cartels.

there really is NO EXCUSE for not shipping an item within 24 hours (business week) if a customer sends a valid payment.

If I can get my personal stuff that I sell on Batlabs and Communications Support out to my buyers within 24 hours while working full time, why do businesses like this think it's okay to just sit on customer's money and not ship a product within a reasonable time frame, let alone communicate with their customers?

Screw em. Chargeback, claim...stick it to em.

In the words of David Horowitz "Don't let them rip you off! FIGHT BACK"

rapidcharger

It's really quite simple. Customers pays, put the damn thing in a box, print a label, and drop it off/have it picked up by one of the shipping cartels.

there really is NO EXCUSE for not shipping an item within 24 hours (business week) if a customer sends a valid payment.

Speaking of which, hasn't it been like 3 or 4 days since you ordered that radio from Giggleparts? What's taking them so long? Did you order the MARS/CAP mod for it or something? Oh let me guess, "it's in the queue" or "it's on backorder" or "the accounts need to be merged" or "check back in a couple days". Right??

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Speaking of which, hasn't it been like 3 or 4 days since you ordered that radio from Giggleparts?

Actually I placed my order on 2/3 at 04:30, so it's been just over two days.

What's taking them so long?

Well, according to "Sue" who I literally just got off the line with about 2 minutes ago, it is due to the "abundance of orders in the shipping department"...

Did you order the MARS/CAP mod for it or something?

No, according to the US Military, the Yaesu FT-1DR is not on the approved list for CAP. and I am not a member of MARS, so I have no need for such "modification"

Oh let me guess, "it's in the queue" or "it's on backorder" or "the accounts need to be merged" or "check back in a couple days". Right??

Sue confirmed that my "order is committed" as I raised my concern that the Yaesu FT-1DR silver is now showing out of stock. She reiterated that the radio has already been put aside for shipping to me. I don't think she is lying, Sue assured me to "look out for my UPS or USPS tracking number by the end of the business day". I have the call recorded.

Believe me if they are jerking me off, the pitbull will come out of his cage :D

n7rvn

I am really sorry to hear of the issues you and others have had. I ordered cables from them and had no issues... How ever, that said, I will no longer recommend buying from them. Between you, and others over at communication.support that have had serious issues receiving their orders I can not in good faith recommend them any longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Until recently (the past 6 months or so) I have not had any issues with them either. Now, I just had a person send me radios and a cable they sold him in November, arriving last month, and it was bad.

The fix was pretty simple, the wiring was wrong in the serial plug. Not a big deal to repair, but it should not have been necessary for a new cable.

It is simple, I will have to steer people elsewhere when they are looking for programming cables.

And, they still have not responded to several emails I and others sent.

Getting SOME sort of answer would be wonderful. Most people will work with you, as a customer or business, when you communicate. Not having any communication leads to frustration and as it appears now, the involvement of police to get money paid out in good faith.

I sure miss Price Industries.... Even though he may not always have sent stuff out timely, he was great at explaining why and if you wanted to get them elsewhere because of his delay, he would quickly refund your money and cancel your order.

For a one man band, Price Industries at least took great care of his customers.

n7rvn

Another thing recently learned was that his address 1268 Marine Drive in Vancouver B.C. is the post office. His shipping address is from a small house in Blaine, Washington. Now, apparently, they (the Canadian Post) is working with the FBI. This means with the US government involved, it will take YEARS to get an arrest.

brian86

Database Admin
I Ordered a Harris Programming Cable and It shipped the same day, The problem is I paid $30 for express shipping and it is being sent 1st class mail. I emailed Sales@rfguys.com and asked for a refund of the difference in shipping and no response after 3 attempts.

I'm going to call my Credit Card Company and Explain the situation to them and see what they say!

Mickel1138

Nerd Debonair
Database Admin
Wish I would have read this earlier, tried to order an LPE cable, buy hadn't heard from them in days, even after several e-mails.

Where can I get my MRK/LPE cable now? I do have a programmer, the ole' Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.