Putnam County Deshler Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

sectionut

Premium Subscriber
So I've had very little time to reprogram my psr-800 and 996t for MARCS-IP. I'm really only close enough to pull the deshler site (BGSU) at home. I've basically just went in and edited the freqs and changed the talk group ID's. After doing this I'm still getting nothing. What am I missing? I've tried digital only, NFM, FM, auto. What am I missing? Has anyone pulled any audio from this site?

ctpd845

Feed Provider
I'm not familiar with either of your scanners but I think you need to create a new system for MARCS-IP and make it P25. The old MARCS is a Motorola system so just changing the frequencies won't work.

Last edited:

grumpy_hermit

What scanners besides the psr-800 will work with the MARCS-IP

All of the scanners listed in my signature plus The Radio Shack PRO-197 will handle it. Others will have to let you know about scanners from other makers.

Last edited:

grumpy_hermit

If the site only uses 800 frequencies then the Radio Shack Pro96/Pro2096 will work.

Most of the control channels on MARCS-IP, if not all, are in the 700 Mhz range. It is my understanding that the 96/2096 will handle 700 Mhz conventionally but they will not handle 700 Mhz trunking.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Most of the control channels on MARCS-IP, if not all, are in the 700 Mhz range. It is my understanding that the 96/2096 will handle 700 Mhz conventionally but they will not handle 700 Mhz trunking.

Most of the simulcast sites use only 800 frequencies so the 96/2096 will work fine in those areas on MARCS-IP.

sectionut

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone tried to pull this site in with a 996t? My psr-800 works but does miss some transmissions. My 996t on the other hand wont catch any. Set up as p25 all the 700mhz channels in and Putnam talk groups.

jackj

I have both a 996T and a PSR800. I have programed the CC for the new IP system into both but neither picks anything up. I used the RR programing service using FreeScan on the 996T and the update on EZ Scan for the 800. Both are wearing the latest firmware but I'm in NW Ohio and I don't think anything up here is live yet on MARCS-IP.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
I have both a 996T and a PSR800. I have programed the CC for the new IP system into both but neither picks anything up. I used the RR programing service using FreeScan on the 996T and the update on EZ Scan for the 800. Both are wearing the latest firmware but I'm in NW Ohio and I don't think anything up here is live yet on MARCS-IP.

Which site are you monitoring? ODOT, ODNR and Sandusky County are all on MARCS-IP. I hear all three off the Toledo, Bradner, Oak Harbor and Fremont sites.

jackj

I'm in Delta so I can't get any of those. I'm monitoring the Wauseon and Neapolis towers. I have no problem hearing MARCS off the Neapolis tower and signal strength on the MARCS-IP from both sites is good. I think there just isn't any traffic on IP yet.

sectionut

Premium Subscriber
I'm monitoring the deshler (BGSU) site. It's the only one I can pull that still has Putnam County traffic on it. I never hear anything from Putnam tgid's on the Holgate site

jackj

Update on MARCS-IP in NW Ohio:
I heard some snow plow drivers kibitzing on IP off the Wauseon tower yesterday. Sounded like county drivers, they were talking about county roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.