BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Wildcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

sck

Just got my new 436 today. Using ARC536PRO for programming. How do I set up a favorite to monitor all activity on one site in a Mot system? System is the Indiana SafeT system. Like the wildcard option in ARC500PRO.

JoeyC

"Wildcard" is a GRE term and does not apply to Uniden scanners. Use ID SEARCH for monitoring all talkgroups on a trunked system.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I don't use ARC because Sentinel does just fine for free, but if you want to monitor strictly only one site, create a favorites list, add the system from the main database into your favorites list, and then edit the favorites list, deleting all sites but the one you want. Keep the talkgroups, and in the system definition, you should see an option that lets you choose between ID SEARCH and ID SCAN. You want ID SEARCH.

When you save that after making that change, upload your data to your scanner, and it when it hits that favorites list during operation, it will scan strictly the site you didn't delete, and will show you all traffic. By not deleting the talkgroups you imported from the main database, you will have descriptions for the "known" talkgroups.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
In ARC, when looking at the General settings tab, you'll see ID Search with a checkbox beside it. Check the checkbox to selest ID Search, otherwise you are ID Scanning (scanning only programmed talkgroups).

See the image below with the red ellipse:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.