BCD436HP Firmware update problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
New to the 436HP and am having a little trouble with the firmware. When I received it I followed the instructions and installed the software from the SD card and then proceeded to update the firmware. After that, I had some issues getting windows to recognize the device it as USB mass storage until I uninstalled the serial port drivers. Once I got that squared away, I happened across this:

ExtremeUpdate < HomePatrol < TWiki

So I checked my firmware and it was 1.X so I followed the instructions on that page. However, once installed the new Sentinel Home Patrol software it does not see the 436hp so I can't update the firmware to 2.x. The original install of Sentinel 1.02 can still program it.

My question is this. I want to try to listen to P25 Phase 2 broadcasts and see that the update has performance and bug fixes for this. Can I upgrade the firmware on it now that I've already run the firmware upgrade from the 1.02 version of sentinel? And if so, how can I get home patrol 2.x to see my sd card to upgrade it?

And better yet, is it necessary?

Thanks
Chris

The Sentinel Software that you linked to in your post is not for the x36HP scanners, It's for the Home Patrol scanners. The firmware updates from that version of Sentinel are only for the Home Patrol scanners, not the x36HP scanners.

The version of Sentinel you originally installed is what you should be using.

Voyager

You first need to resolve why your PC is not seeing the SD Card, but your post may contain the solution.

Why would you install serial port drivers for the SD card when they are not used for the MASS STORAGE mode? Maybe you need to remove the drivers so Windows can use the correct ones.

Does the card show in Windows Explorer?

What type of OS are you using?

Are you using the correct Sentinel for your scanner?

There is nothing special about the HP's card - your PC should use the standard external storage drivers to communicate with it. These drivers should already be on your OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.