RS 106 garbled and no state police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerodspc

I live in madison co Ky and got a pro 106 for Christmas. The Richmond PD runs a trunked p25 system now. The Kentucky State Police run a p25 on 460 mghz. The adjoining county"clark" runs a p25 vhf frequency.
Ive played with the 106 alot this week and i get no KSP no Clark co PD and the Madison co PD is about 80% garbled. I am running a factory antenna on the 106. Im thinking it is simulcast here or something. Any advise for a newb learning p25? In my talk groups i entered the north and south frequencies. They are running on wildcard. As far as the state police, i have no idea if this rig auto decrypts NAC or PLs. Is this scanner useless were i live in northern Madison? 73s Jerod

N8IAA

I live in madison co Ky and got a pro 106 for Christmas. The Richmond PD runs a trunked p25 system now. The Kentucky State Police run a p25 on 460 mghz. The adjoining county"clark" runs a p25 vhf frequency.
Ive played with the 106 alot this week and i get no KSP no Clark co PD and the Madison co PD is about 80% garbled. I am running a factory antenna on the 106. Im thinking it is simulcast here or something. Any advise for a newb learning p25? In my talk groups i entered the north and south frequencies. They are running on wildcard. As far as the state police, i have no idea if this rig auto decrypts NAC or PLs. Is this scanner useless were i live in northern Madison? 73s Jerod

Please notice under the Mode, anything that has an 'E', is encrypted and will make the garble noises.
Are you programming the KSP as conventional, and FM?
The other systems should just need the CC's and the AC channels.
You may want to get the RS telescoping antenna. It will work well on the trunk systems and the KSP.
Larry

Jerodspc

I don't see an E under the local Rpd. Only certain freq and talk id's gargle.
I programmed the state under conventional,p25 , NAC search. "Expert " modulAtion auto,delay is on 20,super track is on. 0 on hit count. It's working now with slight delays.
As far as madison law PD, I believe it's simulcast trunking on p25. I don't know if I'll ever figure it out. Thanks man

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Expert settings

Some people have had better luck with p25 by setting the digital detect to a value of 30. Look into expert settings. If you run win500 for programming click the extended settings tab, in the digital block you'll see digital detect timeout. Set that value to 30 and try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.